cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any BT card I can reasonably expect 20K SL ON?

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Any BT card I can reasonably expect 20K SL ON?

Hey all, so I am in the market for a BT card - I have about 13K I want to move off of  my wife's plate.  I have several cards that do good BT, but have low limits like 10K.  I have several cards at 20K+ so just being approved for a 20K card shouldn't be a problem.

Are there any BT cards that reasonably give higher limits (Like, everyone knows that the venture card tends to give high limits, etc)

Any suggestions would be great!  I'd love to not have to split up the BT amongst multiple cards if possible.

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any BT card I can reasonably expect 20K SL ON?

Try maybe getting a Navy Federal card or perhaps Penfed? Best of luck on your decision.Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed +1

Message 3 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yup Penfed....+2! 😄
Message 4 of 9
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

well dang sounds like you guys made it easy!

anything i should specifically look for or wait for? inquiriy sensitive, util sensitive, 5/24 sensitive?

Thanks!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 5 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well as long as you are not an Egyptian building pyramids, you'll be fine! 😃 They are sensitive to alot of new accounts. They call that "pyramiding debts".

So you would need to app Platinum Rewards Visa or Cash Rewards Visa. I believe those are the only two with 0% offers. If you don't get at least $20k out the gate, you can call and recon and get what you need. They are awesome when it comes to that. Max cc limit of $50k!
Message 6 of 9
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

awesome - and my scores are good enough?

Message 7 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes they are good enough. I got $18k with a 693. I could have gotten more. But, that was plenty for me.

Message 8 of 9
someg33k
Established Contributor

Don't forget about Allian FCU..  They are known for good starting limits. When I applied I only asked for 15k and was approved with no additional docs needed.

Depnding on your credit at time of approval.. you may end up with 0% BT. Only annoying thing with their BT is once you submit the info they mail a physical check.

Have not used them yet for a BT but did read the documentation Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.