cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Know Expiration on Barclay's US Air 50k Offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone Know Expiration on Barclay's US Air 50k Offer?

I heard the referral bonus for existing cardholders is available through the 18th. While the 18th is the last day for the referral bonus, it might not be the last day for the offer. I ask because my newest Barclaycard opened on 10/19/14 and my latest TU inquiry was from a couple days earlier. Optimally I would like to let my account age at least 3 months before applying for another card since Barclay's is new account sensitive. Currently, I plan to leave the garden and throw an application on the 18th, but I think my chances would be better on the 20th.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Know Expiration on Barclay's US Air 50k Offer?

They'll probably run it right up to when the merger is completed in the 2nd quarter.  They want to get as many customers as they can before its turned over to Citi exclusively.

Message 2 of 12
skigirl916
Established Contributor

SaWEET! So you think... end of June?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

SaWEET! So you think... end of June?

No, doubt that long, that would be the end of the 2nd quarter.  My guess and it's purely a guess is sometime in April but who knows for sure.  Here's some info I found from a U.S. today article:

The most challenging merger milestones are ahead. Next spring or early summer, the airlines plan to merge their frequent-flier programs. US Airways' Dividend Miles program will be absorbed into American's AAdvantage program. The airline has not revealed a date except to say it is due to occur between April and June.

So the end of the US Air card will have to come before that.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Part of me wants to wait till the 20th or later but the other part is worried the 50k bonus will go away. Thanks for your inputs. 

Message 5 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Part of me wants to wait till the 20th or later but the other part is worried the 50k bonus will go away. Thanks for your inputs. 

I think they will make it more juicy with time to be honest.. maybe another 10k?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You'll be fine waiting till then.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they will make it more juicy with time to be honest.. maybe another 10k?

I'd be so mad if they did!

Message 8 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wanna a make a small wager it will go to 60k?  They are going to millk this until the last moment.. More money for them!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they up it to 60K miles, I will open an account in my dead dog's name if I have to. Have any of you guys seen anywhere to apply for the business version? I wanted to get one back when I got the personal US Airways version in December, then the link was dead the very next day. Anyone noticed some way in?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.