Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Order

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Order

Not sure I will app for all, but if you were apping for the following, what order would you do it in?

Sportsman's Guide (believe they will pull EQ; planned to app with them 1st. I ahve found comenity to be app-sensitive for their major cc's)

Venture (hate CapOne with a passion but other contributors on the baord tell me to get it and use it for what it's worth). Planned to do this one 2nd

Boa Cash rewards. Planned to do this one 3rd

Should I also apply for Sallie Mae? I have an excellent relationship with Barclay's and put lost of spend through their card. Have been with Barclay's only 13 months however. Do they like long AAoA for Sallie Mae? Any other things they like to see for Sallie Mae specifically.

If I did Sallie Mae I would guess it should be 4th since they don't seem to like apping for other cards after theirs.

Planning to app for them within seconds of each other in 10 days when my new report and scores hit.

Then that will be it for me. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Order

sorry, meant inquiry sensitive for Comenity major cc's - not app sensitive

Message 2 of 14
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I don't know your whole credit profile but 13 months of good history on another Barclay card is more than enough. I had Rewards for a year before I got Sallie Mae. Others have gotten second Barclay cards 4+ months out so I think 13 months is sufficient in that regard. 

Good luck! Sallie Mae is my favorite card. Smiley Happy

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Callandra. What app order would you suggest?

Barclay's will pull TU and they will see the pulls from the Venture.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Callandra, would you mind sharing your AAoa and scores from when you got Sallie Mae? Thank you

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about which order to apply in- maybe someone with more experience can help with that. I do know that Sportsman's Guide Visa is a great card and they started me with an 8k credit line. Go for it!

Someone else want to chime in on order to apply? I'm not very knowledgeable about that.

Message 6 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sportsmans guide I would try to get via shopping cart trick.

with just 4 though, your order doesn't matter.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Creditaddict. Already tried shopping cart trick about 40 times but no go. Plus, it is still a HP in any event.

Wouldn't order matter in terms of inquiries showing? I'm trying to arrange it in terms of inquiry sensitivity as Sportsman's Guide denied me previously due to too many inquiries ( I had 5 at that time. Now I have 2-3 in the past 12 months.)

Message 8 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

What is your goal?  Simply Getting the card? Getting the highest SL possible. 

I would vote for Venture fist since it will lead to the highest SL possible on a card that is known for giving the hightest limit. 

BOA second while it may not net you the best SL, second should be fine. 

Sports man  via SCT as mentioned below

SallieMae last, since they will see your existing INQ's and won't be spooked by upto 3 INQ's after you are approved for it. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks James. I would like to ensure as much success as possible in getting the cards, but also decent SL. I'd honestly just be glad to be in with all of them.

Wouldn't Barclay's be upset at apping for other cards after theirs, even same day?

Also, if I decided to do Venture and QS in quick succession after one another (which has been suggested), is Venture a good idea to do early on in the app spree since it will splatter all 3 CRA's?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.