Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree!!! Help me RECON

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: App Spree!!! Help me RECON

1. Amex no recon, you wait 61 days.

2. Discover call they might need to veirfy you but usually they give you number if they want you to do that. can't really recon if denied

3. ge you can't recon for a mc when approved store but you can recon the limit at least and ask for $10k (sp, call credit solutions)

4. comenity - set up your online account and click the cli button until it gives you 5-7 day message and then your at new max for now (sp)

Message 11 of 47
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@xtdefy wrote:

Thanks to everyone that has helped me over the past week!

I got approved for a NASA Platinum Advantage at 15k!

So first thing I did even though obviously NASA isn't going to be showing for a while was request a CLI with Navy and went from 10k to 20k!!! 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

*UPDATE*

I just went ahead and pulled the trigger and apped for these! What are the best #'s to call and what can I expect as far as SP vs HP when asking for a recon with these?

Sam's Club MC - Declined but approved for the Sam's store card at $737..... gonna recon for sure, anyone ever been successful getting the MC if they only got the store card?  You can give it a shot to have the initial Cl reconsidered with Credit Solutions (no guarantees though)  As far as the MC, only by invitation.  There are folks that eventually get the upgrade invitation to MC after some time (no definite timeframe).

Amex BCE - Instant 2k approval - I have read a lot of posts that recon resulted in additional HP with rare success... should I just follow the 3x CLI guide?  Just follow the 3x CLI guide.

Discover IT - Got the 5-7 day message... is that usually a decline?  Not necessarily, you can contact them again to check on the status of your application.  They are not reconsideration-friendly in the event your application is not approved, unless you are offered a secured version or co-applicant option (YEMV).

Comenity Total Rewards Visa - Instant approval 5k, thinking it wouldn't hurt to recon if it's an SP?  You would need to wait until you get the card and see if your CL can be increased (some folks use the online button or call)

Without NASA reporting the new tradeline yet but Navy reporting the CLI, my overall util is at 7%

Amex pulled EXP and said FICO was 684

Message 12 of 47
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your App Spree success!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 13 of 47
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the help!

Discover - I called and they said since I applied at like 1am EST they are unable to see the app. If tomorrow they still don't see it then it didn't flow over...

Comenity - Hit the CLI button online and got bumped to $5,800, then the next one was the 7-10 day msg... I called them to ask for 15k and they said it would be a HP so I said nvm for now

GE/Synch - Called and asked for 10k, they were only able to raise it to an even 1k

AMEX - I'll patiently wait for day 61 Smiley Happy

How INQ sensitive is Barclay? Was thinking I might as well apply for Sallie Mae MC

Message 14 of 47
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xtdefy wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Discover - I called and they said since I applied at like 1am EST they are unable to see the app. If tomorrow they still don't see it then it didn't flow over...

Comenity - Hit the CLI button online and got bumped to $5,800, then the next one was the 7-10 day msg... I called them to ask for 15k and they said it would be a HP so I said nvm for now

GE/Synch - Called and asked for 10k, they were only able to raise it to an even 1k

AMEX - I'll patiently wait for day 61 Smiley Happy

How INQ sensitive is Barclay? Was thinking I might as well apply for Sallie Mae MC

Barclay will be TU only... they are more sensitive to new accounts than INQ I think so I would say hit it now since most of these cards you applied for pulled other than TU and are not reporting yet.

Message 15 of 47
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

Alright I apped for Sallie Mae MC - got the msg it's going for review.

Ok I am done for now... I wasn't gonna app for so many but the itch to app for a new car loan was getting REALLY bad and I definitely don't need one so the extra INQs will keep that car loan itch at bay LOL

Message 16 of 47
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xtdefy wrote:

Ok I am done for now... I wasn't gonna app for so many but the itch to app for a new car loan was getting REALLY bad and I definitely don't need one so the extra INQs will keep that car loan itch at bay LOL

call now - backdoor number

Message 17 of 47
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xtdefy wrote:

Called Barclay backdoor - GOT APPROVED 10K !!!!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 47
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xtdefy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xtdefy wrote:

Called Barclay backdoor - GOT APPROVED 10K !!!!!!  Smiley Happy

WOW, congrats!

Message 19 of 47
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

anything else you want before you garden beccause your credit report seems to be in that sweet spot right now! (seriously!)

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.