Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Regrets!

tag
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Re: App Spree Regrets!

I agree, this is hardly a terrible mistake. I try to avoid needless HPs, but they stop affecting your score after 1 year and the drop off after 2 years. If the worst thing you did to your credit this year is to incur 3 HPs, I think you're on the right track.

I personally view each CC has a long term relationship because it will be on your report for 10 years. So app'ing and getting denied is better in my opinion than get approved for cards that really aren't best for you, IMO.

Also, look on the bright side, here in a year or so when you are positioned really well for se of these cards, there will probably be some exciting new options to choose from.
Message 31 of 33
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last night I made a very terrible mistake... I went on a mini app spree, when I should not have. I didn't get approved for any cards, which was really disappointing. The reason for more of the denials were too many new lines of credit =-(

Has anyone every done something similar?

By the way, new to the community. I am looking for the support I need to stay on track to building my credit back up. No BK, just a collection or two and a 2 settled credit cards.

>Everything will be fine..  please don't app for anything rite now... please use the Capital one cards & pay..  Use  pay  Pay & Use Use & Pay! Check the Pre-Qualifier fro time to time,   all the best!

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 32 of 33
newkidontheblock
Established Member

I sympathize with you I've been there before.  Knowing my scores were low and credit cards were not on the horizon for me soon, this forum became my best friend.  Take this time to read everything on this site and take heart,  It will help you tremendously and before you know it your scores will be up there.  If I learned nothing else from this site the take away was certainly patience.  Just make sure you do what you know to do that is right and it will happen.  Keep the faith.  

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.