Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Success

tag
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

App Spree Success

I've been trying to lower our debt since December and lurking here since February.  To date, we have lowered our UTL from 60% to 41%.  In the past few weeks, we went on an app spree, which will lower us to 25% UTL.  

Amex CLI:  11,700 -> 23,400

Best Buy CLI:  3,600 -> 5,100

Hubby's apps:

Chase Slate $9000

Chase Freedom $7000

Citibank Simplicity $13,000

My apps:

Chase Slate $11,500

Discover $5,500

Chase Freedom - 7 - 10 day, but when I called this morning, I was asked to send ID and proof of address.  I'm not sure if that'll be an approval or decline.  

Before this app spree, our AAOA was 9.75 years.  I'm hoping to still stay above 8 years, with all these new cards, but I'm not sure. Either way, with the new card 0% interest offers, we will be debt free in a year when we plan on refinancing.  

Meanwhile, we'll be in the garden until then.  

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: App Spree Success

@techiegirl wrote:

I've been trying to lower our debt since December and lurking here since February.  To date, we have lowered our UTL from 60% to 41%.  In the past few weeks, we went on an app spree, which will lower us to 25% UTL.  

Amex CLI:  11,700 -> 23,400

Best Buy CLI:  3,600 -> 5,100

Hubby's apps:

Chase Slate $9000

Chase Freedom $7000

Citibank Simplicity $13,000

My apps:

Chase Slate $11,500

Discover $5,500

Chase Freedom - 7 - 10 day, but when I called this morning, I was asked to send ID and proof of address.  I'm not sure if that'll be an approval or decline.  

Before this app spree, our AAOA was 9.75 years.  I'm hoping to still stay above 8 years, with all these new cards, but I'm not sure. Either way, with the new card 0% interest offers, we will be debt free in a year when we plan on refinancing.  

Meanwhile, we'll be in the garden until then.  

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on a great app spree 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Nice approvals and cli's.  The ID request to Chase is most likely an approval.  I had to send the exact same thing when i got my Freedom. The card arrived 2 weeks later.Prior to that, i had no relationship with Chase, so it may be normal for the verification process.  Now, you need to garden what you've newly obtained.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 12
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

How much damage have I done to our FICO score with our app spree?  From what I gathered, we have 3 hard pull's each.  

Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@techiegirl wrote:

How much damage have I done to our FICO score with our app spree?  From what I gathered, we have 3 hard pull's each.  

Shouldn't be to bad and since you will be gardening scores will recover in the next 4-6 months

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 12
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

I finally received a reply on my Freedom card. It was approved for $15K CL.
Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@techiegirl wrote:
I finally received a reply on my Freedom card. It was approved for $15K CL.

Congrats again

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

Stellar outcome for 41% utilization! You set quite a precedent there. Congratulations!!! Robot LOL

Message 9 of 12
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

I was surprised as well. My FICO scores were 692 and 706 in March when we financed the car. We received the lowest possible rate that was offers at the time. That gave us some encouragement to try this. The pluses of my credit report - no derogatory (never), no late (never), and nearly 10 year AAoA -- must be helping some.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.