cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'd for NASA Platinum Advantage Rewards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd for NASA Platinum Advantage Rewards!

Well its another lonely Sunday.  After being told by the community going for more cards was not in my best interest for bonuses, I decided to focus on general credit stuff. No matter how many accounts I add my AAOA will not budge.

So I was just approved for the NASA membership. Cool. Then I was comparing all the cards. I wanted the lowest interest so I chose that.  Probably will never use the card.  Want in with the bank because their auto/mortgage rates can be crazy low. And who knows if I will move theres no reason for me to be establishing myself with a local bank, too much work....

So I guess in 2 or 3 days we will see what happens. I am hoping for at least $5k limit and $15k would be ideal. Wish me luck!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App'd for NASA Platinum Advantage Rewards!

@Anonymous wrote:

Well its another lonely Sunday.  After being told by the community going for more cards was not in my best interest for bonuses, I decided to focus on general credit stuff. No matter how many accounts I add my AAOA will not budge.

So I was just approved for the NASA membership. Cool. Then I was comparing all the cards. I wanted the lowest interest so I chose that.  Probably will never use the card.  Want in with the bank because their auto/mortgage rates can be crazy low. And who knows if I will move theres no reason for me to be establishing myself with a local bank, too much work....

So I guess in 2 or 3 days we will see what happens. I am hoping for at least $5k limit and $15k would be ideal. Wish me luck!

Just be patient since their entire process can be a bit slow and drag for a few days.  You can check the status of the application to see its progress on the application online portal.  If approved, you want to wait until the final decision is made with the status to reflect as "Funded", then that should pretty much seal the deal.  Now, if approved, bear in mind the card can take up to 3+ weeks to receive so don't drive yourself nuts by going to the mailbox everyday Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just be patient since their entire process can be a bit slow and drag for a few days.  You can check the status of the application to see its progress on the application online portal.  If approved, you want to wait until the final decision is made with the status to reflect as "Funded", then that should pretty much seal the deal.  Now, if approved, bear in mind the card can take up to 3+ weeks to receive so don't drive yourself nuts by going to the mailbox everyday Smiley Wink

LOL snailmail has become quite popular in my eyes since credit building! Nothing excites me more than seeing lower APR offers come in the mail, let alone plastic!

My membership was instantly approved and funded via paypal. I guess maybe the terms slightly similar for their credit card.  But yes, this is why I posted it here. To see if theres anything special I need to do.

So, by thursday or friday if I dont see any emails, check online and see if its approved? God willing there will be a space shuttle down below in the near future!

3 weeks turnaround time for a card isnt that bad at all! I remember kinda wigging out when my PRG came in 36 hours.

Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL snailmail has become quite popular in my eyes since credit building! Nothing excites me more than seeing lower APR offers come in the mail, let alone plastic!

My membership was instantly approved and funded via paypal. I guess maybe the terms slightly similar for their credit card.  But yes, this is why I posted it here. To see if theres anything special I need to do.

So, by thursday or friday if I dont see any emails, check online and see if its approved? God willing there will be a space shuttle down below in the near future!

3 weeks turnaround time for a card isnt that bad at all! I remember kinda wigging out when my PRG came in 36 hours.

I'd say periodically check your email as well in case they request additional information.  You can also check online to see if there is any new messages as well.  You can also contact them via phone in the event you haven't seen any traction with your application.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA is one of my top five i want to get in with.  I'll be trying next year.  I'm rooting for ya.  Good luck!!!  

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

And if for some reason you don't see anything online, call in! Mine was an instant approval, and I couldn't see it online as being there at all. There's definitely some quirky stuff about NASA.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp, gonna have to move 'er to the approvals section....drum roll please.....

Capture.JPG

Now its time to tear the house apart to get my documents scanned and sent!!!!!!!!!!!

See, this is why patience (ha yeah I'm not that patient) has paid off. Many folks went in to capital one for that venture big limit, and endured THREE hard pulls. I wouldnt be surprised when all is said and done if I don't have one.

I am promising this, if I end up with a relationship with this bank without a hard pull, I will use them exclusively. That is just flat out amazing and great for credit building.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations.  Ive been reading conflicting reports about SP or HP, please let us know

Message 8 of 16
dethkultur
Contributor

Congrats! I got in in NASA in Jan (it is super easy, join the National Space Society), and got the same card for $15k. All SP, no hard pulls for anything. It immediately (like, same day) appeared on my reports as a new open account. The added CL increased my available credit by over 50%, a huge boost for me.

Within a few hours I wished I would have applied for the cash rewards though. The advantage card is not very good, many cards have better rewards of any kind.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking, what documents are they requiring from you?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.