Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'ed for Disco.,,weird experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App'ed for Disco.,,weird experience

Not waiting a year and a half in order to apply for discover, waiting that long for the hp's to fall off. Don't need the discover but I plan on getting the Chase Sapphire once the inquiries fall off.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not waiting a year and a half in order to apply for discover, waiting that long for the hp's to fall off. Don't need the discover but I plan on getting the Chase Sapphire once the inquiries fall off.

From what I have read on hear the hard pulls stop being important after a year.  

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hadn't heard that. Either way, have to garden for a while.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: couldn't let this go...not worried about the denial, just need to understand the logic behind it. I also wanted to know if this was a "normal" policy with Disco. I emailed the EO (CEO Nelms) and received a letter a few days later that STILL didn't make since. The letter stated that they enclosed a copy of the reason for my denial BUT there was no enclosure enclosed!!! 🤣 This prompted me to call the number of the letters signatory. After a couple of days, she called back...extremely nice lady btw. She said they she pulled my application and would arrange for us to conference in the application analyst and take another app. She was very honest and said that she couldn't control or garantee what kind of pull it would be, but she would see if she could "influence" the analyst base on my story/experience thus far. Since I'm gardening, if the try to HP my credit, it won't hit because my reports are locked down. So I would pass and the saga will end there...but if it's a SP or they use the previous report, then I'll be ok with whatever decision they may. I'll keep the FF posting...should know on Monday.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.