Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for the Freedom card

tag
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

Apping for the Freedom card

Good post-Christmas Day morning,

I was wondering if the $100 signup bonus on the Chase site is the best deal.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping for the Freedom card

@too-much-time wrote:

Chase Freedom had a $200 offer which must have ended a couple of days ago. They seem to slip them in from time to time. Other psoters may be able to shed some light on other sites with offers that are different from the Chase site. Bump.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@too-much-time wrote:

I signed up when it was a $200 bonus a few weeks back. Just met my spend as well, and it will be credited to me on my next statment, as well as the $25 bonus for adding my wife as an AU. If you dont "need" the card I would wait.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than likely if you get approved you can still get the $200 offer by ending a secure message to Chase.    When I applied it was only the $100 offer but they extended the $200 one to me without any problem.

Message 4 of 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

Chase Freedom had a $200 offer which must have ended a couple of days ago. They seem to slip them in from time to time. Other psoters may be able to shed some light on other sites with offers that are different from the Chase site. Bump.

Best offer they ever had was the $300 after $500 spend. Got in Dec 2011. Haven't seen it again since.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

Best offer they ever had was the $300 after $500 spend. Got in Dec 2011. Haven't seen it again since.

Crazy. Offer like this would have been boss.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got like 10 prequalifications over several weeks and an instant approval for $4500 back in November and then after light utilization on my card they closed the account with no notice.  They said they will review again in a month and I spoke to a manager who I have to say was very nice, but he did stand by their "credit decision" despite nothing having changed on my credit report since applying and receiving the Chase Freedom Card.  If you proceed, just proceed with caution.

My plan was to use my Freedom card for 6 months and basically Garden until then and use it like I do my other cards and then go back to Chase for the Ink Business Card.  This was my entire plan for the next year .... I am still hopeful they will reopen in a month because I have a good score, low utilization across my cards and great payment history but I have read of a lot of other closings too so I am not sure.  I offered to verify income, open a bank account with them, etc and they said they would review again in 30 days or so.  I am going to call back and speak to the manager I spoke with before but if you get it, don't get your hopes up.  

I might have to come up with a plan b here soon if they choose to not reopen.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.