Did you mean: 

Apping to NFCU soon. Just makin sure I understand their process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping to NFCU soon. Just makin sure I understand their process

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have been researching NFCU and decide to apply in a couple weeks I just want to make sure I understand how they process credit apps.

For Credit Cards they HP TransUnion and will do a pull for every credit card product.

For CLOC and Auto Loans they will HP Experian and will use the same HP for both products if apped at the same time.

Is this information correct?

@Anonymous - is there anything on your reports that you could work on gettinng removed that is currently bringing down the scores? Old Charge Offs / Lates Etc? I'd suggest working on this before applying for anything else.

I just got in with Navy Fed on 3/8/17 and here is what they pulled:

TU 1x membership app

TU 1x Flagship Rewards Visa app

EQ 1x CLOC App (online) + Auto Loan App  (by phone)

*I called and did the Auto Loan over the phone and specifically requested if they could use one of the other pulls (EQ or TU) instead of repulling again...since I'd taken 3 from them in one day.  The rep said that lending/underwiriting shouldn't have a problem with that and verified this was the case with me on the line before proceeding with the rest of the application.  YMMV.

Scores are higher now then the ones in my sig. Currently in the 605 range since a new installment loan just reported. Waiting for another credit line to report and should be over 615 accross the board when I apply.  At least that is what I am hoping for, I have daily pulls through USAA that reports FAKO, once I see the new line reporting I will pull FICO and update my Sig.  

Yes, there is 1 charge off currently reporting that payments are being made on and 1 30 day late in the past 6 months. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
They pulled TU for membership, TU for a personal loan, and TU and EQ for a card for both hubby and I. Of course, YMMV.

Thanks for the info.  I am really hoping for TU pulls as it should be my highest, followed by EX then EQ will probably be my lowest.  I will know when I pull FICOs at the end of the week.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. I pulled the trigger, I applied for a CC and was approved for $24K. I will make a post in the approvals.

Edit: Was a TU HP

Message 13 of 18
germese1975
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Just out of curiousity, what was your util when you made the app? I just got on with NFCU a week ago and am waiting for a bunch of $0 balance statements to hit my CR. I was at 87% util and will be at 39% with only one card reporting a balance at 83% util. Also, did you have any baddies listed? I've got a few, but only one within the last year for $56. The next one is 2 1/2 years old for $500.

Gardening as of: 23 JUL 2017 / FICO 8 (As of 14 Jul 2017): EQ: 663, TU: 723, EX: 680

Message 14 of 18
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

In NJ
TU for membership and CC
EQ for CLOC
When both of those were frozen, they pulled EX for CLI
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@germese1975 wrote:

Congratulations! Just out of curiousity, what was your util when you made the app? I just got on with NFCU a week ago and am waiting for a bunch of $0 balance statements to hit my CR. I was at 87% util and will be at 39% with only one card reporting a balance at 83% util. Also, did you have any baddies listed? I've got a few, but only one within the last year for $56. The next one is 2 1/2 years old for $500.

Thank you.

My Utilization was at 13% when I applied. I have a Chargeoff currently reporting that I am paying down that is 9 months old, and a Collection account that will probably be gone in the next month as I am pretty sure it was already paid in full.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@germese1975 wrote:

Thank you.

My Utilization was at 13% when I applied. I have a Chargeoff currently reporting that I am paying down that is 9 months old, and a Collection account that will probably be gone in the next month as I am pretty sure it was already paid in full.

What cc's do you have on your file and high credit? Curious to know. $24k is an awesome sl!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmm140 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@germese1975 wrote:

Thank you.

What cc's do you have on your file and high credit? Curious to know. $24k is an awesome sl!

No high end credit cards.  Have one secured card that I recently increased to $500 and a Selflender loan that is 2 months old.  I am pretty sure that NFUC also bases it on your verifiable income, and cash holdings you might have with them. thats the only way I can explain the SL.  I will make an approved post soon.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.