Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Cap1 cc today...Help understanding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for Cap1 cc today...Help understanding

Good afternoon, 

Just a little background.  I was a victim of ID Theft and it was so bad my ssn was changed. I have limited credit, I currently have an auto loan  (1 yr old) and a secured cc for about 8 months. My fico scores are Equifax 8 (738) TransUnion (648) Experian  (723). I applied for Capital One cc and it didn't give me a decision it said y can take 7 days to receive it through the mail and sometimes 10 days. Does this mean it is a denial? I'm confused because usually it will say approved or denied right? Can someone shed some light please? Thank you in advance! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for Cap1 cc today...Help understanding

Do you have a fraud alert on your CR's?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good afternoon, 

Just a little background.  I was a victim of ID Theft and it was so bad my ssn was changed. I have limited credit, I currently have an auto loan  (1 yr old) and a secured cc for about 8 months. My fico scores are Equifax 8 (738) TransUnion (648) Experian  (723). I applied for Capital One cc and it didn't give me a decision it said y can take 7 days to receive it through the mail and sometimes 10 days. Does this mean it is a denial? I'm confused because usually it will say approved or denied right? Can someone shed some light please? Thank you in advance! 

The 7-10 day message is not necessarily a denial. I too received the 7-10 day message when I applied for my first card after BK7 with them last year. They called me that night to verify my identity. They told me I can check on the status of the app in a couple of days. A couple of days  later, I checked and was approved. 

Hope me this helps and good luck!!

Edited to Add:  How can I forget to say ---Welcome to the forums. Tons of great info here!

Message 3 of 4
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

yeah that 7-10 days message not necessarily be a denial. they just needs some verification or so. did you try calling them to check the status?

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.