cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Discover card, what are the chances of getting approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for Discover card, what are the chances of getting approved?

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laddi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Laddi wrote:

I called them in. They said they can't open an individual account, but if I have someone for joint acount then they can take a look at it.

What's your EQ score like?

Odd you'd get that request from them.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good answer Nixon!!
Message 24 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Joint account with Discover at 690 and looking at your current CC being Citi DC at that limit.. Very odd they didnt approve you...  Has to be the HP's the 38 or whatever is a bit extreme Smiley Happy...  Good news is they go away eventually, just not quick enough for most!

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 27 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I got their denial letter. They gave only 1 reason for denial was bankruptcy. Which is almost 8 years old.

Still a valid reason that they cannot overlook as conservative as they are.  On the plus side, once things are more favorable with your profile then you can evaluate whether you want to apply with them in some distant future.

Message 28 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got their denial letter. They gave only 1 reason for denial was bankruptcy. Which is almost 8 years old.

Still a valid reason that they cannot overlook as conservative as they are.  On the plus side, once things are more favorable with your profile then you can evaluate whether you want to apply with them in some distant future.

Conservative?  I don't think they are at all personally.. Alot of people in the mid 600's get approved.  Anyways, difference of opinionsSmiley Happy..  What they look for someone in a person, no one really knows as they approve people in the 630's and deny people in high 700's..  Anyways

Message 29 of 33
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

They don't like BK's or judgements on your report especially if it's against them

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.