cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for marvel MasterCard but not approved or declined?

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Applied for marvel MasterCard but not approved or declined?

On march 15 I applied for the marvel MasterCard but got the 7 to 10 day message. I thought for sure was declined however when I call in the rep tells me it's still under review and wait for the decision by mail. Never had one do this through sync bank. When I got my lowes card last year it gave 7 to 10 day message and it showed up on my experian credit report 3 days later. As of yesterday still not declined or approved. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for marvel MasterCard but not approved or declined?

@undrtkr65 wrote:
On march 15 I applied for the marvel MasterCard but got the 7 to 10 day message. I thought for sure was declined however when I call in the rep tells me it's still under review and wait for the decision by mail. Never had one do this through sync bank. When I got my lowes card last year it gave 7 to 10 day message and it showed up on my experian credit report 3 days later. As of yesterday still not declined or approved. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks in advance.

It is not that uncommon.  Be patient and wait it out.  Remember that even with the same bank, there are different criteria used to determine whether an approval is given or not.  Also, some companies won't tell you over the phone that an application is denied, they prefer the letter route.  Either way, If you haven't heard anything in a week or haven't received a letter, give them another call.  Good luck

Message 2 of 9
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

If they are sending you a letter, it might be verification. I've had this happen with Sam's Club.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 3 of 9
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I'm hoping for a approval but my transunion score is only 667 so I might be right on the edge. However that's the highest it's been in over 8 yrs so I'm happy with that.
Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck, yes sometimes a letter could mean just a verification thing. Hope you get itSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I always used to call and ask the status... every time they transferred me to verification it was always approved.. wait it out, or call Smiley Happy can't hurt with Sync
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call. Synch is easy to talk to and they never get too invasive and interrogate you. Should be a painless call.
Message 7 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Call. Agree that it could just be verification.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 8 of 9
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I called back in today and it was denied. I wonder why they didn't instantly deny it.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.