Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Applied for marvel MasterCard but not approved or declined?

On march 15 I applied for the marvel MasterCard but got the 7 to 10 day message. I thought for sure was declined however when I call in the rep tells me it's still under review and wait for the decision by mail. Never had one do this through sync bank. When I got my lowes card last year it gave 7 to 10 day message and it showed up on my experian credit report 3 days later. As of yesterday still not declined or approved. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks in advance.

Re: Applied for marvel MasterCard but not approved or declined?

[ Edited ]

undrtkr65 wrote:
On march 15 I applied for the marvel MasterCard but got the 7 to 10 day message. I thought for sure was declined however when I call in the rep tells me it's still under review and wait for the decision by mail. Never had one do this through sync bank. When I got my lowes card last year it gave 7 to 10 day message and it showed up on my experian credit report 3 days later. As of yesterday still not declined or approved. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks in advance.

It is not that uncommon.  Be patient and wait it out.  Remember that even with the same bank, there are different criteria used to determine whether an approval is given or not.  Also, some companies won't tell you over the phone that an application is denied, they prefer the letter route.  Either way, If you haven't heard anything in a week or haven't received a letter, give them another call.  Good luck

Established Contributor

If they are sending you a letter, it might be verification. I've had this happen with Sam's Club.

Starting 11/14 EQ 498 EX 514 TU 507 | Current 4/10 EQ 651 EX 697 TU 692 | Util 11% | Personal Credit - $97,540 | Business Credit - $71,100
Frequent Contributor

I'm hoping for a approval but my transunion score is only 667 so I might be right on the edge. However that's the highest it's been in over 8 yrs so I'm happy with that.
Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

Good luck, yes sometimes a letter could mean just a verification thing. Hope you get itSmiley Happy
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

I always used to call and ask the status... every time they transferred me to verification it was always approved.. wait it out, or call Smiley Happy can't hurt with Sync
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Call. Synch is easy to talk to and they never get too invasive and interrogate you. Should be a painless call.
FICO 08: TU= 786 (May) EQ= 774 (May) EX= 706 (May) Recent Approvals:Huntington Voice $12k/Amex PRG-NPSL Favorites: Discover It, USB Cash+, Amex PRG
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Call. Agree that it could just be verification.

June'17: EX 695 | TU 705 | EQ 654 -- Starting (2/2016): 630 | 620 | 580 -- INQs: 15 | 24 | 27
AMEX Delta: $10k, Discover IT: $6.7k, AMEX BCE: $6k, Marvel: $5k, CO QS: $2.6k, Merrick: $1.6k, Barclay's NFL Rewards: $1k, CO BuyPower: $500. And a mix of well-loved store cards.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

I called back in today and it was denied. I wonder why they didn't instantly deny it.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.