Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for the BBR

tag
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Applied for the BBR

I just applied for the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards credit card and it went into review. I think I'll ride it out and see how it goes instead of calling in. I haven't let an app ride out since I found this site Smiley Tongue

Anyways, if they deny my, will they allow me to move some of my Cash Rewards limit over to open it up? I think I would be willing to split them $10k & $7k.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied for the BBR

@Santi78342 wrote:

I just applied for the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards credit card and it went into review. I think I'll ride it out and see how it goes instead of calling in. I haven't let an app ride out since I found this site Smiley Tongue

Anyways, if they deny my, will they allow me to move some of my Cash Rewards limit over to open it up? I think I would be willing to split them $10k & $7k.

If the application is not approved, you can discuss the options with the UW/analyst.  It really boils down to your overall profile and your existing BOA relationship (if applicable).  Some individuals have been successful with carving out or reallocating a CL portion of one card to approve another.

Message 2 of 14
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

If the application is not approved, you can discuss the options with the UW/analyst.  It really boils down to your overall profile and your existing BOA relationship (if applicable).  Some individuals have been successful with carving out or reallocating a CL portion of one card to approve another.

Okay thanks for the info.

Now how about if they approve me for hmmm... Let's say $2k. Will they use the same HP to move some CL over from my Cash Rewards or will they want another?!

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Santi78342 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Okay thanks for the info.

Now how about if they approve me for hmmm... Let's say $2k. Will they use the same HP to move some CL over from my Cash Rewards or will they want another?!

They will likely want another HP.  Reallocations are processed like a CLI and separately (typically a TU pull).  You can request or see whether they would be willing to use the same HP that was used for your approval for the CL reallocation.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for an approval!

Message 5 of 14
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

Fingers crossed for an approval!

Thanks! I would love a free $120/year!

Message 6 of 14
Santi78342
Established Contributor

...still in review...

Getting more & more tempted to pick up the phone and call them! 

Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Santi78342 wrote:

...still in review...

Getting more & more tempted to pick up the phone and call them! 

You can always call them tomorrow to get the uncertainty out of the way!  Good luck!

Message 8 of 14
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Finally called in because I got sick of checking the app status site every couple hours! Smiley Tongue 

They said they took $4k from my Cash Rewards to open up the BBR.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I'll take it! 

Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Santi78342 wrote:

Finally called in because I got sick of checking the app status site every couple hours! Smiley Tongue 

They said they took $4k from my Cash Rewards to open up the BBR.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I'll take it! 

Well, all that really boils down to is BOA not being comfortable with lending more than what they've already extended.  At the end of the day, an approval nonetheless and the Cash Rewards still has a decent CL.  You can then recoup the CL eventually with a HP down the road as you establish more history with them.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.