Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied while CR frozen? So now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied while CR frozen? So now what?

All this EQ drama so I froze all 3 CR using TU and EX online apps.  Today I apped for Chase AARP card and got a 30 day response.  THEN it dawned on me that all 3 CR were frozen.  So what happens now?  I called the status line and it said 2 weeks.  I unfroze all 3 CR and, went back to the AARP site, clicked on the Apply button and it said "thanks for applying". 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Applied while CR frozen? So now what?

You have to call them and let them know your CRs were frozen, so they can do the pulls. That's if you still want the card.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell them something they can relate to when you recon, like you forgot to unlock the reports because you're getting old and senile.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL....I should have tried that.  I called backdoor number and told them I had my report frozen because of EQ but it was open now.  She ran report and turned me down.  Said I had.....get this......5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14, 18 (she was adding them up)  inquiries since March of 2016.  Perhaps I need to do a little gardening?  I'm thinking it's possible that I f&^%ed that up because it may have auto approved if I did not have a person actually counting the inquiries?  BTW, she asked if I unfroze TU so she could pull report, then when she ran it HP'd both TU and EX.  

Message 4 of 13
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

OP it's something else in your profile they didn't like I got my 3rd Chase card last month with 50 Inqs on EX.
Message 5 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@bigpoppa09 wrote:
OP it's something else in your profile they didn't like I got my 3rd Chase card last month with 50 Inqs on EX.

Not necessarily.  Depends on whether it would of been an instant approval or not which most chase cards are not these days.  Depends on the UW as well that looks at it and what type of mood they might be in, etc.  Many factors beyond what you or I know might of gone into it.  

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Idk. As UW looked at TU she would see 10 new accts in last 60 days including Chase Freedom with $6k SL and a balance of $500 that I rang everyday purchases to get the $150 bonus at 0% APR. A month ago I was also declined for Chase Amazon.
Message 7 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I had more than you did when I got approved Bigpoppa. Lol
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 13
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
I had more than you did when I got approved Bigpoppa. Lol

Last I heard u had 200 lol.

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This is good example why Chase is a tuff nut to crack sometimes, you either dont make the 5/24 squad or you have 2 many inqs team. On top of double pulls, almost as bad as going the triple route for Cap One lolSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.