cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for CSP and Freedom on the same day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for CSP and Freedom on the same day?

Hello,
Thinking about applying for both the CSP & Freedom on the same day since I heard if you do it the same day, they may do only one HP. I have been prequalified for both cards for about 4 months now. My credit history is thin, 1.5 years, 778 FICO, 734 VantageScore, clean history with no late payments. One BofA Cashrewards with a $1600 CL. My student income nears $25K. I think I’ll get approved for the Freedom, but I’m skeptical about the CSP, but I figured I would roll the dice since it’ll fall under the 5/24 as one HP. I have only opened one CC account in the past 24 months and it’d be my first Chase application. What are my chances? Is there an order of cards I should apply for and the time difference? Thank you all in advance!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for CSP and Freedom on the same day?

Sometimes you gotta say #### it and make your move. Good luck my friend 

Message 2 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I think the freedom is a good bet but I don't think you'll get the CSP due to a thin credit history with only one other card on your file right now. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for the Freedom first.  Get approved, put spend on it every month for 6 months.  Then apply for the CSP after 6 months.  Let Chase see your spending and payment patterns on the Freedom so they'll be confident to give you the minimum 5K SL with the CSP.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Apply for the Freedom first.  Get approved, put spend on it every month for 6 months.  Then apply for the CSP after 6 months.  Let Chase see your spending and payment patterns on the Freedom so they'll be confident to give you the minimum 5K SL with the CSP.  Good luck!

Ditto!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forget the Vantage scores.
Go for Freedom?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

778 FICO. I thought Chase used VantageScores.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
778 FICO. I thought Chase used VantageScores.

Chase provides the TU VantageScore as part of the Chase Credit Journey or the free score with the Slate.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.