cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Chase Sapphire Preferred after recent HP?

tag
WillP123

Applying for Chase Sapphire Preferred after recent HP?

Hello all, Just a little bit of background on my credit situation:

• BofA Travel Rewards CC // $6000 limit  // opened Oct. 2013.
  • Always paid in full, never carried a balance
  • Usually below 30% utilization on BofA
  • EX: 749 // EQ: 755 // TU: 738 (as of Dec. 2014)
  • Income: ~$25K-30K depending on hours worked
  • Currently a 22M student working a part time job + have access to parental income if needed ($100K+)

Anyways, I'm looking to apply for the CSP card. After some research, it seems as though they require a $5K minimum credit line in order to qualify. I recently applied for a $7500 CLI from BofA and was just countered (1/15) for $6000. 

What are the chances that I'll be approved? How long should I wait after that recent HP from BofA (Transunion)?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for Chase Sapphire Preferred after recent HP?

check chase pre-approve site first, if you have pre approve offer you have 99% chace however, chase does have some sort of income restriction for siggy cards. GL

Message 2 of 3
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

Re: Applying for Chase Sapphire Preferred after recent HP?

Check the prequalification site. If something shows up just apply from there. If it doesn't show up, still apply. At most you'll just have to recon, but I'd say you have a great chance of being approved. The HP from BofA won't make any difference. Chase pulled TU and EX that each had around 6-8 inquiries and still instant approved me for the Marriott with 40k income, despite having a much shorter AAoA than you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.