Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Discover It via phone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for Discover It via phone?

I've been doing some recent glances at the forum on here recently as I just hit over 6 months of history with my $500 cl Capital One card. (utilization is 4%) 

I really like the Discover It card and I read somewhere on here you can actually call Discover to do your application over the phone and you can actually talk to the person, which increases your chances for approval if you need to explain a situation that you couldn't on the online app. 

My question is who would I call to do an application over the phone and what would the number be and would this method be effective compared to doing it online? 

Help me out here, guys! 

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for Discover It via phone?

I called to get the Discover card with no credit history (new in USA) and I even talked with someone in Spanish. Explained my situation, they asked for some documents, sent the documents, they called telling me they can't approve me with 0% APR only with 3.99% APR for 6 months then 22.99% so I said 'no problem' and got the card for $1,000, now at $2,500 after 6 statements.

1-800-DISCOVER that's 1-800-347-2683

Message 2 of 3
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for Discover It via phone?

I applied for Discover IT in Feb 2013.  Initially, I tried to apply online.   However, the day I applied, Discover was having problems with their website, so my appllication did not go through.  I was not sure what the problem was at the time.  I called to ask if my application had been sucessfully submitted on the website.  The CSR told me that my app had not been received online, apologized for the technical glitches of the website, and offered to take my application over the phone.

The CSR was very nice.  The process did take a few minutes instead of a few seconds had I been able to apply online.  In the end, the CSR said Congratulations!  You've been approved.  I was floored to find out I had been approved for a $17,500 credit limit.

Give them a call.  Good luck to you!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.