cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a balance transfer card (Amex, WF or other?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a balance transfer card (Amex, WF or other?)

Hi folks,

I'm looking to apply for a new card so I can transfer some balances. My debt has grown over the past few years and I'm trying to dig out of a little hole. I was recently denied a CL on my Barclays card.

My current situation is as follows:

Scores (according to CreditKarma)

• TransUnion 675
  • Equifax 679

Cards with balances:

• Chase Slate 
  • Chase Freedom
  • Citi Diamond Prefered
  • Citi Simplicity
  • Barclays Arrival +
  • Discover IT

I also have several store cards and 2 Capital One cards with zero balances (but no balance transfer offers). My total utilization is 53%, but the cards listed above are at 70% or higher, so I really need to move some stuff to a 0% card to avoid the high interest rates, which are 19-20% in some cases. 

I have received "pre-qualified" offers from Wells Fargo and Amex. I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations for these or other cards, based on my scores? I'd like to maximize my initial CL for balance transfers, so I'm most interested in a bank that will be easy to work with if I need to request an immediate increase.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for a balance transfer card (Amex, WF or other?)

Double check with discover if the 4.99 flat interest offer is live. If you're already paying interest on some of your accounts, might as well go there. Lots of sucess stories of people calling discover and getting something that isn't showing on the login page too.

What are their balances you have on the cards? That might show some insight. Generally when I get a balance under $1,200 I don't transfer it unless it's a no free option I usually just man up and pay it off as fast as I can.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for a balance transfer card (Amex, WF or other?)

Here is a link to my list of cards, balances, and available offers.

http://i.imgur.com/ivXdID1.jpg

Discover is almost maxed, so I don't have much room to transfer there, unless I move that balance to another card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.