cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a new AMEX account, but which card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a new AMEX account, but which card?

I' ve a credit one bank with a limit of 300. I pay off my balances in full every month. My TU score is 708 and EX is 690. I only have 7 months of credit and want a AMEX card. Which product will be the easiest to get? Can I still get approved with only 7 months of credit
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for a new AMEX account, but which card?

@Anonymous wrote:
I' ve a credit one bank with a limit of 300. I pay off my balances in full every month. My TU score is 708 and EX is 690. I only have 7 months of credit and want a AMEX card. Which product will be the easiest to get? Can I still get approved with only 7 months of credit

Everyday seems to be an easy approval as of late.

However the Charge cards are typically an easier approval, and you can usually get one Charge/One Revolver on the same HP if applied back to back.

PRG bonus is 50K MR through a certain link posted in this same subforum.

Recommendation:

PRG 50K Bonus MR

Everyday

Good luck!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say charge card, the green one or the gold one should I apply?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which charge card the green or gold?
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Which charge card the green or gold?

Premier rewards gold with the 50K link. Run a google search on it as it's a little tricky to get to.

Message 5 of 18
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Do what Nixon said. We don't know when that offer's gonna disappear.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with going for that PRG card and bonus. The underwriting is the same for the Green, PRG and Platinum. You might as well get a bonus if you're going to apply for something.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I'm going to look for it
Message 8 of 18
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

You could get approved, but Amex would most likely deny you for 'no length of credit established'.  However, if you still want to apply, go for a charge card (the usual Amex stuff you see- green, gold, platinum) because the criteria for their risk is minimized. Start with Green. Though the approval criteria is almost exactly the same between all three cards, green is their standard entry card, plus the AF is less than the others. Good luck. 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So don't start with gold start with a green card
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.