cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for card before or after new CC's hit report?

tag
njames33
New Contributor

Applying for card before or after new CC's hit report?

I was just approved for 3 Chase CC's $25k, $10k, & $8k. All inquiries were on Experian and TU. I would like to get another $25k range card which I'm thinking either PENFED or NFCU (I already have a $25k card with nfcu). From what I've seen both run EQ... Currently my ratio is 16% which would obviously go way down once the cards report. Should I try applying for a new CC before the new ones report or wait maybe a month or two? Currently I only have the 1 year NFCU card active and a 1 month old Wells Amex. 

Credit.com Experian National Equivalently Score: 818
Credit Karma Vantage Scores: TU 716 & EQ 732
Chase Card Acquisition Risk Score: EX 719
Wells Fargo Monitoring PLUS Scores: EX 780, EQ 685, TU 767
FICO Bankcard Score: 5/EQ 717, 4/TU 630, 2/EX 814
MyFico Fico Score 8: EQ 628, TU 616, EX 620
MyFico FICO Auto Score: 5/EQ 716, 4/TU 672, 2/731

Ratio of Revolving Balances to CL 16% /Oldest Account Closed 8 years / 2 Active CC's reporting 1 year & 1 mo

$25,000 Navy Federal Cash Rewards (1 year) $25,000 Chase Sapphire Reserve (new)  $10,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred (new) $ 8,500 Chase Amazon Prime (new) $ 1,000 Wells Fargo Propel Amex (1mo old) $500 Wells Fargo Business (1 year) (not reporting on personal)

You have a public record and/or collection on your credit report.  (unpaid medical collection, paid tax lien)
You have no recent activity from a non-mortgage installment loan.
You have a short credit history.
You have too many credit accounts with balances

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for card before or after new CC's hit report?

@njames33 wrote:

I was just approved for 3 Chase CC's $25k, $10k, & $8k. All inquiries were on Experian and TU. I would like to get another $25k range card which I'm thinking either PENFED or NFCU (I already have a $25k card with nfcu). From what I've seen both run EQ... Currently my ratio is 16% which would obviously go way down once the cards report. Should I try applying for a new CC before the new ones report or wait maybe a month or two? Currently I only have the 1 year NFCU card active and a 1 month old Wells Amex. 

Credit.com Experian National Equivalently Score: 818
Credit Karma Vantage Scores: TU 716 & EQ 732
Chase Card Acquisition Risk Score: EX 719
Wells Fargo Monitoring PLUS Scores: EX 780, EQ 685, TU 767
FICO Bankcard Score: 5/EQ 717, 4/TU 630, 2/EX 814
MyFico Fico Score 8: EQ 628, TU 616, EX 620
MyFico FICO Auto Score: 5/EQ 716, 4/TU 672, 2/731

Ratio of Revolving Balances to CL 16% /Oldest Account Closed 8 years / 2 Active CC's reporting 1 year & 1 mo

$25,000 Navy Federal Cash Rewards (1 year) $25,000 Chase Sapphire Reserve (new)  $10,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred (new) $ 8,500 Chase Amazon Prime (new) $ 1,000 Wells Fargo Propel Amex (1mo old) $500 Wells Fargo Business (1 year) (not reporting on personal)

You have a public record and/or collection on your credit report.  (unpaid medical collection, paid tax lien)
You have no recent activity from a non-mortgage installment loan.
You have a short credit history.
You have too many credit accounts with balances

I feel like I should be the one asking you for advice. With FICO 8 scores under 630 across the board and that AAoA, how in the world did you just get Chase to approve you for $43,500 in new credit on three seperate applications at once?

That might also be one of the highest Chase Prime SLs I have seen. 

Message 2 of 4
njames33
New Contributor

Chase uses their internal scoring system: Card Acquisition Risk Score from EX which I was a 753 on the Amazon and 719 a month later on the 2 Saphires. I also think since I had a $25k limit already with NFCU that helped with the limit on the Reserve. My credit is really not that bad but most of my accounts are 7-10 years old so they are all falling off my report. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed may be sensitive to your recent inquiries with Chase.
I've noticed Navy pulling TU more often for cc
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.