Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for credit is like dating

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Applying for credit is like dating

Don't forget those "sign up bonuses!" And how you're disqualified from them if you've previously had the card before. Smiley Wink

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or... One night you go out and apply for 8 or 9 credit cards ( like the credit card trick), and get them, and wake up the next morning wondering what did I do that for?    Come to your senses and realize that you just got caught up in the game and now your going to have to deal with the consequences!  Ex. AAOA, initial lowering your credit score, etc.

I love this thread!!!!  Real fun stuff.

Message 22 of 30
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Taking that a step further... Twos become tens at 12am. Then you wake up in the morning and want to chew your arm off to get away. It's harder to get away from the relationships that you started during a late night app spree. 

Also, if you have a history of dating fives, you'll most likely keep attracting fives. If your able to break out and get with a few eights, chances are good that other eights will see that your worthy and want to be with you. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

YESSSSSSSSSS!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😁😁😁😁😁👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Message 24 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

The walk of shame in the dating world is when people see the woman leaving early in the morning. They know what happned the night before Smiley Happy  Might be a little different in the credit world. Like one of us being excited about applying for new credit then having to come back to tell the board we were denied. 

That's why some don't mention apps (one, whom I don't see here much anymore, didn't mention approvals).  Knock on wood, all apps approved (once reports cleaned).  I did mention a denial, but was for cli.  Didn't feel like dating, felt like a job (this includes denials from apps when I didn't know about fako scores).  More akin to employment interviews and regular annual reviews?  Smiley Indifferent

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Another way credit cards are like dating...

Just one night of crazy, uninhibited fun can leave you with monthly payments for years to come. 

Also, while you're paying for that irresponsibility, other, more attractive cards you're interested in will tend to steer clear of you; but you'll be covered up with offers that are less than prime.

LMAO.

Signature needs updating
Message 26 of 30
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I've seen a couple of commercials for the Citi Double Cash Card. Both of them compare their card to dating. I wonder if the advertising firm saw this post? Smiley Happy 

Going on bad dates is pretty much a universal human experience. We’ve all had at least one. I’m thinking about a particular one where I said “see ya” as we departed, and then almost instantly thought to myself “no, I won’t actually…at least not on purpose.” So that’s the premise of these Citi Double Cash spots. They play out date scenarios where people are brutally honest. Of course, the situations wouldn’t happen in real life, but Citi ties it into its Double Cash credit card by stating that it would be great if people said what they meant.

https://commercialsociety.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/citi-double-cashs-brutally-honest-date/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wHQ7Jfg53A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_uwhwxDhY

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I'm sitting here waiting for the agent to get back to me to see if my CLI request is granted. This kind of feels like dating. Will they like me enough? How far will they go with me ect... And then... the feeling for relief when I get an approval.  Or, on the other side of the coin, there is sometimes rejection. 

This is a fun topic and made me smile.

Then I got to thinking what if you went on an app spree woke up and looked at your inquiries and your reports were so ugly it hurt you to look at them.

Been there, done that.

Message 28 of 30
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Another way credit cards are like dating...

Just one night of crazy, uninhibited fun can leave you with monthly payments for years to come. 

Also, while you're paying for that irresponsibility, other, more attractive cards you're interested in will tend to steer clear of you; but you'll be covered up with offers that are less than prime.

LMAO.

This is way too true!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 29 of 30
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

This thread is so hilarious, was worth signing in to comment ! 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.