Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval chanes for Citi Double Cash credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval chanes for Citi Double Cash credit card

In regards to the Citi Double Cash - your saying that the initial credit limit increase is done by hard inquiry? I was under the impression that all Citi bank credit limit increases were done by soft pull via EX. That's what I had gathered by reading various blogs and forums...

Message 11 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In regards to the Citi Double Cash - your saying that the initial credit limit increase is done by hard inquiry? I was under the impression that all Citi bank credit limit increases were done by soft pull via EX. That's what I had gathered by reading various blogs and forums...

sorry I wasn't clear the initial CL when you apply is usually pretty low like in 2-3k range. If you want to get the CL you should have gotten then you will need to recon and it will cost another HP. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico was 735
Freedom started at $500 cli after 2 months.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and spoke to the Citibank presidential office today and was not really given much indication on approval chances. No comment was made when I stated that I had 7 months of history. Any other advice from anyone?
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico junkie is askin-

"Any other advice from anyone?"

Yeah, let it rest.  Covered alot ground last 7 months.  Concentrate on what ya got, and make another move on Citi Double in about 6-8 months.

Message 15 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would agree, let it be for awhile. You mentioned the Quicksilver, so I am pretty sure you already have one. The Double Cash is really not that big of a jump up from the QS. Focus on what you have and let the accounts age and grow, and try to get a DC in June or so.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I pulled the trigger to apply Citi Thankyou Preferred the other day. I don't know if Citi has the same requirements for DC and thankyou Preferred, but I think my information might help you to make decision.

1. I have pretty short credit history too. (Oldest credit line, CapitalOne - 9 months $500 , newest credit line, Discover IT - 6 months $1500)

2. EQ - 721 (From the EQ site) , TU - 712 (From Discover Free credit score), EX - ?? 

3. Inqueries - EQ: 4, TU:5, EX:4

4. Usage: probably 1-5 %

Guess what? I was instantly denied when applying online. I will probably call them see if I can convince them to give me the card. But I don't have high hope since I heard it's pretty hard to get a recon from Citi. I can also see why they would deny me given that the Thankyou Preferred seems to require a pretty good score. Blame my credit itch and waste a hard pull. Smiley Sad 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply only if you want to waste an inquiry on Equifax AND Experian!

Citi usually double pulls EQ with another CRA when you have less than 1 year credit history to make sure they're not missing anything. 

I applied for the DC trhee weeks ago with 7 months of credit history (same low util, yada yada) and got denied at the branch. 

I also have a Citigold checking and savings account with my direct deposit and $50k that I hold for my parents when they're moving to the U.S (sorry TMI..)

Branch manager was supposed to send an email and keep me posted, never got anything.  I called EO and after 3 days they told me that they do not approve applicants who have less than 1 year credit history unless they do the global transfer and apply for the TYP.

Closed my checking/savings accounts the same day and transferred to Chase. 

I do not dislike Citi though and I will probably apply for the AA card in the future but to me they are good enough to "borrow money" (or at least get miles out of swipes) not to keep my money. 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I might have a chance to get approve by calling recon, since I applied for the TYP.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is another application.  You will not get approved for the TYP even by calling EO.  They will call you back 3 days later to tell you you have to apply at a branch for Global Transfer and show a bunch of documents such as your bank statements from your "home country", letter of employment, paystubs and if possible your checking account with them.  

Also you have to have moved in the U.S less then a year ago.

I did not want to do all this work for a credit card since I have some already (plus it's a new inquiry). But I think it's good for people getting transfered in the U.S who don't really know how it works and think it's the way to get a card here, because it is complicated or at least "paperworky" to have a credit card anywhere else in the world (well maybe the UK and Canada are the same I guess)

That reminds me when I was HSBC in the UK and they openned an account in the U.S for me with a 6.5k CL HSBC Premier with NO SSN when I was going to school 4 years ago : I cancelled the card when I moved back to Europe 2 years after that!!!!   Now when I think about that I am so upset!  Sometimes when I find some old emails from them such as : your statement is available, or "you have activated your HSBC Premier Credit Card", I need to go outside and take a breath (haha!)

- -

BUT !  If you get approved without the global transfer, then I will NEVER apply for any Citi card in the future since they denied me with 50k+ balances on my savings and direct deposit on my checking with them

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.