Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval odds for Chase Freedom, and or CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval odds for Chase Freedom, and or CSP

I've been wanting to apply for a chase card of my own after being an AU for some time.

Scores are as follows. EX FICO 674, EQ FICO 637, TU FICO 667

2 6yr old C/O's (BoA, Cap1), 1 Closed Medical collection, 1 Disputed collection.

Also had 3 recent approvals, Two for AMEX PRG, and ED, One for Discovercard under alternate terms.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Approval odds for Chase Freedom, and or CSP

Chase Pre-qual Tool

Give it a shot. It's pretty solid.

Message 2 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Freedom borderline imo, CSP I doubt it would happen.  Interested to see your results if you decide to do this.  

Edit:  Saw you edited your post, suprised with the AMEX love, congrats!

Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Freedom borderline imo, CSP I doubt it would happen.  Interested to see your results if you decide to do this.  

Edit:  Saw you edited your post, suprised with the AMEX love, congrats!/

I was surprised with the AMEX approvals myself, So as i understand, i may have to recon Freedom since it's kinda borderline. CSP a no go?

Message 4 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Let others chime in, freedom looks borederline to me, people have been approved lower scores, but YMMV type thing, CSP would be suprised.. Obviously do the Freedom first if you are going to do it at all.  That is just my opinion.  I am not with chase.  As others have stated try the Pre-Qual site.  That is just a bit of reassurance, although if you aren't pre-qual'ed doesn't mean you won't get it either.  Best of luck if you decide to apply. I am not with Chase, just for what I have read on head and other places where I get my information and Score ranges, etc.

Message 5 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also saw you got approved with Discover with a EQ of 637, that is on the lower side for them.. If you don't mind what did they give you APR and limit wise?  Thanks

Message 6 of 38
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

IMHO, you would have to recon for Freedom, and end up getting a small CLI.  I would suggest you get six months running with Discover, then apply for Freedom.

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Also saw you got approved with Discover with a EQ of 637, that is on the lower side for them.. If you don't mind what did they give you APR and limit wise?  Thanks

6mos at 0% instead of the standard 14-18mos offer

22.99% after promo.

$1,800 limit

Message 8 of 38
godscountry
Regular Contributor

I'll tell you what happened with me.....

I apped last week.  I always planned on apping for Freedom first then CSP because people say Freedom is easier.  After reading here a couple weeks ago about people who had CSP and were denied Freedom, I pulled trigger on CSP because I wanted that one more.  CSP approved for $5k.  Immediatly apped for Freedom, denied.  Called in to recon and they took a 2nd look and denied again.  Reason..."maximum credit from Chase at this time" to paraphrase.  The score they had for me was 687.  I had 5 late mortgage payments in 2012 and one paid collection of $70 that is about 5 years old.  I guess what I am saying is...if you are lucky to get one on your first app, I prob wouldnt waste an inquiry on a second....just wait 6 months.

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 9 of 38
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been wanting to apply for a chase card of my own after being an AU for some time.

Scores are as follows. EX FICO 674, EQ FICO 637, TU FICO 667

2 6yr old C/O's (BoA, Cap1), 1 Closed Medical collection, 1 Disputed collection.

Also had 3 recent approvals, Two for AMEX PRG, and ED, One for Discovercard under alternate terms.

I would say wait, 3 new cards and a borderline score, you may get approved, but there are things worse than getting denied, I think being saddled with a $500 or $1000 CL for 6 months to a year is worse than getting denied, because with chase it will most likely be a HP to get a CLI and they may think they are doing you a favor to give you a 50% CLI to 750 or even $1500. If you garden for 6 months you are more likely to get approved for freedom at a decent limit around 2 - 3k. Having a 1k freedom CL isn't going to help you get a CSP, it requires a minimum approval of 5k CL. Which isn't likely if you are saddled with a low limit freedom card.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.