Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals with Excessive Inquiries????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approvals with Excessive Inquiries????

Does anyone know of a credit card company that will look past or not consider the amount of recent inquiries?  What about when you PG for a Business Card?  HELP!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approvals with Excessive Inquiries????

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know of a credit card company that will look past or not consider the amount of recent inquiries?  What about when you PG for a Business Card?  HELP!!

Chase doesn't seem to mind right now. They approved both the wife and I for CSP's with 10+ INQ's on report.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I will take a look.  I know I need to slow down, but right now, it is what it is...so I figured since they are all recent -- better to keep trying all at once and then wait.  Starting to think it's a lost cause.  Trying to build credit -- no bad credit - just newer.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approval in Amex with zero credit score (thin file) and ~12 INQ's (and they didn't give me one more INQ) - you can see my previous post.

Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Inquiries mean very little depending what your file is like???!

Message 5 of 15
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

I have something like 16 inquires 6 within the last 3 months and was just approved for a B of A travel rewards card, my experience is that you may not get a instant approval and may be denied BUT if you call recon and actually talk to a human they approve....NOTE like CreditAddict said A LOT depends on your file......

Message 6 of 15
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Inquiries mean very little depending what your file is like???!

CA you hit the nail on the head +1 to that. I know for me I have a LOT of INQ's at this point and have recently aquired both the diners club premier and the citi double cash without much of any hassle (and citi EO even bumped me from 2500 to 10k which is what I asked for with them without any hassle). So, YMMV definitely applies and yes it has to do with how "thick" of a file you have as well.

Message 7 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Amex basically. They were the least inquiry/new account sensitive lender ever for me. And at the time, I had a bunch of EQ inquiries and got in with Chase anyway. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 15
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase doesn't seem to mind right now. They approved both the wife and I for CSP's with 10+ INQ's on report.

Are they all from this year? I have 6 from this year, might wait till dec and app for amex prg and their hilton hhonors and another chase, maybe the marriott

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are they all from this year? I have 6 from this year, might wait till dec and app for amex prg and their hilton hhonors and another chase, maybe the marriott

No, accumulated over 2 years.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.