Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved NFCU $14,000

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved NFCU $14,000

@Fenerbahce wrote:

Funny thing is, when I was starting my good credit app spree, I went to Navy Federal and completed the application via my younger brother who is a Navy veteran 2 weeks ago. All I received from them was a thank you for applying email response and nothing else...So I went to PenFed instead the next week and got their Plat Rewards Visa, and some other cards. Yesterday I get an e-mail conratulating me on my membership with Navy Federal and get notified by Credit Karma of a new hard inquiry. I was done with my credit seeking and all but now since they've done a hard pull on me does that mean no more hard pulls for a credit card for an allotted time, or will they pull another report if I applied for a card? I figure I might as well have a nice line of credit since they hit me with an inquiry...any advice?

when i joined and applied they did a HP on TU to join then the next day they did a HP on both TU and EQ for a card. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 19
Fenerbahce
Valued Member

Isn't that too many inquiries for the same purpose? Why pull 2 TU reports when you already have a recent one? I don't think I like the way they work.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 19
mt2va
Established Contributor

NFCU likes to pull inquiries.  I got hit with 4 HP within less than 2 weeks.  (membership, app MC, app V, and re-fi car loan)

They always pull EQ on me.

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 13 of 19
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats... $14 is my limit on the Cashrewards!!

Message 14 of 19
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Why do NFCU like to do a seperate credit pull for each application? Too bad they will not use the initial inquiry for the memership and credit card request. They did a hard pull for my brother-inlaws membership and I imagine they will need to do two pulls for his credit card app. My Equifax is taking a beating as it is.I have 5 inquiries in the last 12 months.Ouch!!

I wonder if NFCU would pull a different credit bureau?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 15 of 19
lsdiamond
Established Member

NFCU Flagship Card Approved $,5000

Wow!! After faxed in income paystubs I looked online and the Signature Flagship credit card was approved this morning with a $5000cl with prime plus APR 14.24%. They pulled Transunion my cr score 642 with one collection in dispute to be deleted soon and over 20 credit inquiries. This is my first highest credit limit on a credit card. They even have the option of express Fedex delivery of the card will receive it overnight. My others GTFCU $1000, Walmart $1000. So shocked and excited! Still waiting for an answer on the the Platinum card and the Navcheck overdraft line of credit.

Message 16 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@MountainHiker wrote:

Why do NFCU like to do a seperate credit pull for each application? Too bad they will not use the initial inquiry for the memership and credit card request. They did a hard pull for my brother-inlaws membership and I imagine they will need to do two pulls for his credit card app. My Equifax is taking a beating as it is.I have 5 inquiries in the last 12 months.Ouch!!

I wonder if NFCU would pull a different credit bureau?

NFCU is very pull happy, so you should expect a new inquiry for just about anything.  Not sure why, I'm guessing it has to do with different departments approving different products.   They will very likely pull TU or EQ, or possibly both.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 17 of 19
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@orl22 wrote:

Very impressive!! Getting this type of credit limit is unheard of with banks unless the CR is near perfect.Well Done! Can I ask another over the top question? What salary range are you in? $25K-$50K, $50K-$75K, $75K-$100K?

Thanks

$50K-$75K. I'm at 724 on Equifax. 754 on Walmart TU. EQ has been claim 2 to 3 points a month. But the TU increases and decreases a lot depending on my usuage. I still have room for improvement. 

So, another NFCU example, OP has a few baddies on his record but gets a great CL, and as we know from many threads here, NFCU has a reputation for being forgiving and generous with CL/CLI.    So, how do they do it?   Is their charge-off rate higher than other comparable instituions?  

Just reminds me of the great lenders of the subprime crisis, never mind income/history/appraisal, we will get you a mortgage!

Message 18 of 19
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.