Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!: PayPal Extras Mastercard

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved!: PayPal Extras Mastercard

I apped because of the same email the OP got .

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 11 of 14
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

I've had the app itch badly over the past couple of days. I though about apping for Chase Freedom and Discover It last night, but talked myself out of it.

Today I got an email telling me I still have a chance to get a 10 second decision on a PayPal MC. The message popped up earlier in the week on my PP account but I didn't pay it any mind. But after I got this email today and saw it was issued by GECRB I said what the hey, go for it. By the way, I was at the bar, but not yet drinking...does that fall under drapping???

I was instantly approved for a 2K limit, which I'm happy about since it's twice my current highest limit. Plus you all say GECRB is good for CLIs. They pulled TU with a 671 score, not sure if FICO or not. I'm closing Credit One this week and this is a good card to replace it with. I'll be redesigning my portfolio over the next few months and getting rid of my rebuilder cards.

What do you all use your points on? What's the best scenario for redemption?

What was your score when you were approved? Any negatives?

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah! I only use it for gas/food when Freedom/IT aren't doing 5% cashback. If you redeeem for gift cards, it's like 3% back. They change the price in points of the goft cards though occassionally. Redemption is extremely easy though!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

They do seem to be fairly good about CLI's with this card.  I had my card with them 3 months and they doubled my limit from $1500 to $3000 and I never carry a balance from month to month.  I have not ever gotten an auto CLI on either my Belk or Walmart with them, but have been given CLI's when I ask for them on both those cards.  I am pretty happy with how they have treated the card so far.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.