Frequent Contributor
SteveUrkel

Re: Approved!: PayPal Extras Mastercard

I apped because of the same email the OP got .

*21 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $8,000 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card - $1,900 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $3,000 II American Eagle VISA - $2000 II Best Buy Mastercard - $1,500 II Kay Jewelers - $5,600

Established Contributor
CashOnDelivery

Simply827 wrote:

I've had the app itch badly over the past couple of days. I though about apping for Chase Freedom and Discover It last night, but talked myself out of it.

Today I got an email telling me I still have a chance to get a 10 second decision on a PayPal MC. The message popped up earlier in the week on my PP account but I didn't pay it any mind. But after I got this email today and saw it was issued by GECRB I said what the hey, go for it. By the way, I was at the bar, but not yet drinking...does that fall under drapping???

I was instantly approved for a 2K limit, which I'm happy about since it's twice my current highest limit. Plus you all say GECRB is good for CLIs. They pulled TU with a 671 score, not sure if FICO or not. I'm closing Credit One this week and this is a good card to replace it with. I'll be redesigning my portfolio over the next few months and getting rid of my rebuilder cards.

What do you all use your points on? What's the best scenario for redemption?

What was your score when you were approved? Any negatives?

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Yeah! I only use it for gas/food when Freedom/IT aren't doing 5% cashback. If you redeeem for gift cards, it's like 3% back. They change the price in points of the goft cards though occassionally. Redemption is extremely easy though!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
TiggerDat

Congrats.

They do seem to be fairly good about CLI's with this card.  I had my card with them 3 months and they doubled my limit from $1500 to $3000 and I never carry a balance from month to month.  I have not ever gotten an auto CLI on either my Belk or Walmart with them, but have been given CLI's when I ask for them on both those cards.  I am pretty happy with how they have treated the card so far.

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}