Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 8 credit cards in 30 days

tag
nishant1
New Contributor

Approved for 8 credit cards in 30 days

I got approved for 8 credit cards in last 30 days.

PenFed Highest credit line-  Multiples of tens of thousands while Two stores cards- Kohls and Target are the lowest credit line- Just a little over 1K. Visa - 5, Master card- 1, Average credit line of all 8 cards is $8500. No annual fee credit card in these 6.

Worth mentioning addition is 2% cashback Priceline visa which will be used only for Walmart for items which are not available from ShopDiscover.

This makes my total number cards to 28.

I will stop for a year before thinking of a new one and may cancel some like Citi Dividend, Chase Amazon etc.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for 8 credit cards in 30 days

@nishant1 wrote:

PenFed Highest credit line-  Multiples of tens of thousands while Two stores cards- Kohls and Target are the lowest credit line- Just a little over 1K. Visa - 5, Master card- 1, Average credit line of all 8 cards is $8500. No annual fee credit card in these 6.

Worth mentioning addition is 2% cashback Priceline visa which will be used only for Walmart for items which are not available from ShopDiscover.

I will stop for a year before thinking of a new one and may cancel some like Citi Dividend, Chase Amazon etc.

That's a lot of cards!  So you were already a PenFed member?  I thought highest CL for new members was $20K.

Why Priceline only at Walmart?  Aren't there other places where no other card offers more than 2%? 

Message 2 of 15
adavis425
Established Contributor

@nishant1 wrote:

Why? Smiley Indifferent Not judging, just want to know...why?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 3 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@nishant1 wrote:

hahhahahhaaa

OP: i think you need to focus to get some cards with higher limit rather than get mutiple cards with toy limit and cancel them later in a short time period......just my 0.2 cent.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 15
nishant1
New Contributor

In hindsight, I think I could have avoided few cards because what I thought was not what I wanted. Did not want to cancel right away

For example, Blue cash everyday was attractive initially but now with many reward cards individual categories better than each of BCE, I stopped using it

Costco Amex - Same is the case. With nearby Sams club, I prefer to go there and do not breakeven annual membership.

Most recent batch Kohls card I took to get 20 % promotional discount in December holiday when we purchased $950 clothes for family. I may not have much use for this card because I never carry any balance on any of the cards.

Message 5 of 15
financekid
Established Member

@nishant1 wrote:

Congrats.... but OMG how do you keep track of due dates and billpay.

Starting Score: FAKOS EQ 627 TU 687 EX 627 CK 713 (12/12)
Current Scores: FICOs EQ 698 TU 708 (7/13)
Goal Scores : 720+ across the board..........no apps till Jan 2014

In wallet:CAP1 (Closed)/BOA CASH (5k)/DISCOVER (5.5k)/CHASE FREEDOM (3k)/BARCLAYS (3.3k)/AMEX BCE(1k)
Future wallet: Citi,
Message 6 of 15
nishant1
New Contributor

I track my all bank and card accounts using Yodlee moneycenter aggregation free software.

Twice a day for about 10 minutes each.

Never missed one bill payment in many years

Message 7 of 15
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@nishant1 wrote:

Congrats on your additions, but 28 thats a little much right?

I agree with Nicholas you should grow your cards to get higher limits instead it being spread a part 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasyud wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@nishant1 wrote:

hahhahahhaaa

OP: i think you need to focus to get some cards with higher limit rather than get mutiple cards with toy limit and cancel them later in a short time period......just my 0.2 cent.....

Would suggest reading the entire post and then checking your own signature line before throwing stones Smiley Happy 

        
Message 9 of 15
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@nishant1 wrote:

Congrats on your additions, but 28 thats a little much right?

I agree with Nicholas you should grow your cards to get higher limits instead it being spread a part 

I hardly think a mean of 8.5k across 8 credit lines, including multiple store cards which are notorious for low starting cls, should be categorized as toy limits. 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.