Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX PRG but declined for AMEX BCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for AMEX PRG but declined for AMEX BCE

I was instantly approved for AMEX PRG online receive card in 7-10 days.  Then couple minutes later I received an email RUSH APPROVING me receive card UPS 2 day shipping.  I also applied for an AMEX BCE $0 fee 0% intro 15 months card.  But it was not instant approved 7-10 days.  I called today on that & they said that I was declined & wouldn't even transfer me for a recon.  They said my score was only 671 and listed like 8 different reasons why I was declined, as if I were the worst person on the planet.  It seemed a bit of a night & day difference between the two cards...

I app'd with $75k income, $800 rent, Credit Card Total Balance is only $1290.00 out of $21500.00 = 6% util which I figured would show healthy usage etc.  FICO EX was 671.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AMEX PRG but declined for AMEX BCE

@Anonymous wrote:

I was instantly approved for AMEX PRG online receive card in 7-10 days.  Then couple minutes later I received an email RUSH APPROVING me receive card UPS 2 day shipping.  I also applied for an AMEX BCE $0 fee 0% intro 15 months card.  But it was not instant approved 7-10 days.  I called today on that & they said that I was declined & wouldn't even transfer me for a recon.  They said my score was only 671 and listed like 8 different reasons why I was declined, as if I were the worst person on the planet.  It seemed a bit of a night & day difference between the two cards...

I app'd with $75k income, $800 rent, Credit Card Total Balance is only $1290.00 out of $21500.00 = 6% util which I figured would show healthy usage etc.  FICO EX was 671.

BCE seems to be the harder one to get out of the gate compared to the ED.

This is why I always recommend the PRG+ED combo.

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Show a few months useage on the PRG and reapply and you will be approved, if not only a SP... Once you show them history it won't be a problem you pretty much can get any card from them then other then the Centurion card.

I would agree with Nixon the BC is slightly harder UW then the ED, although probably not by much.   

Adding to what nixon said the PRG and ED is a better combo as they are MR points to combine vs. the PRG (mr) and BCE (cash).. Just my opinion

Message 3 of 5
Shelly13
New Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Show a few months useage on the PRG and reapply and you will be approved, if not only a SP... Once you show them history it won't be a problem you pretty much can get any card from them then other then the Centurion card.

I would agree with Nixon the BC is slightly harder UW then the ED, although probably not by much.   

Adding to what nixon said the PRG and ED is a better combo as they are MR points to combine vs. the PRG (mr) and BCE (cash).. Just my opinion

Thats why I'm waiting.  I just got approved for the ED card but I want to show AMEX good payment history with them for six months and then try for the BCP.

Amex ED: 5,000 I Barclays: 10,000 I Discover: 8,700 I VS: 6,000 I Citi Simplicity: 6,700 I Amex BC: 2,000 I Marvel MC: 8,000 I
I Chase FU: 4,000 I US Bank: 500.00 I Fidelity: 5,000 I
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got delta gold and ed same day (approval 5 days apart) . Three weeks later got prg.

Haven't and won't try blue. 661 ex score at approval.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.