Super Contributor
Ron1

Re: Approved for Best Buy MC Reward Zone!......

I don't think they have RZMC Gold with AF any more. They only have RZMC Platinum with No AF and store cards.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

[ Edited ]

That's what I was seeing too, but it seems like people have recently reported getting plan B RZ MC.

Though, I am not sure how that would be possible since it is not disclosed in the terms.

It would be a great move to get rid of the AF version.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
New Contributor
omgitsphilly

Congratulations. 

I just got approved for Best Buy Store card. Actually just got the letter today saying my card is on the way. Say credit score 675.... , but its because i have alot of utilization on some cards... so it dropped. I was well over 700 last month. 

Ill let everyone know what account type i have as well. 

Valued Contributor
Dustink

@ Ron

Do you think if they eliminated the plan B MC that they will basically just shut out the sub prime applicant they would have otherwise had? Or will they give them the store card?

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Super Contributor
Ron1

Dustink wrote:

@ Ron

Do you think if they eliminated the plan B MC that they will basically just shut out the sub prime applicant they would have otherwise had? Or will they give them the store card?

I don't know they will. The applicant will qualify for RZMC Platinum (prime card) or store card (Plan A or Plan B).  I haven't seen anyone got approved for RZMC Gold lately. I could be wrong.  I haven't seen those RZMC Gold ($100 CL) w/$59 AF. It was a couple of years ago when they were HSBC.  

Ron.

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Ron1 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

@ Ron

I don't know they will. The applicant will qualify for RZMC Platinum (prime card) or store card (Plan A or Plan B).  I haven't seen anyone got approved for RZMC Gold lately. I could be wrong.  I haven't seen those RZMC Gold ($100 CL) w/$59 AF. It was a couple of years ago when they were HSBC.  

Ron.

I mostly notice the $500 credit limit with a $39 AF.

Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

I am currently on my dads cards as AU, and have wished to have a card of my own under my name. Congrats on approval!!

$1,000$600 "Two credit cards is all I need"
EX FICO 627, EQ FICO 622, TU FICO 629, No Delinquencies of any Sort, Gardening Since 10-14-14
Regular Contributor
sonson

congrats on the new card

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
prolificjinx23

I have BB store card with the $500 credit limit & $39 AF....... What does make mine besides a sock drawer liner?

Starting Score: EQ 414 (01/05/11), TU 422 (01/05/11), EX ???
Current Score: ALL FICO's: EQ 654 (04/17/13), TU 641(03/04/13), EX 638 (03/20/13 - AMEX SOFT PULL)
Goal Score: ABOVE 680 ALL 3
Current Cards: Too many!!! App Free since 04/19/13 & NOT APPING until 04/2014....
Super Contributor
Ron1

prolificjinx23 wrote:

I have BB store card with the $500 credit limit & $39 AF....... What does make mine besides a sock drawer liner?

I didn't know they charge AF on their store card. I thought it has no AF. :smileysurprised:

Ron.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}