Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for USAA Amex - $12,000

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Approved for USAA Amex - $12,000

Okay, I'm giddy.

I just recently app'd for the USAA mastercard and got my highest limit yet with $6,000. That was going to be it. It was going to be the last card I got but then I read that some people were able to get two cards from USAA during a short time period. I thought about my odds and started thinking it would be nice to have a second card to raise my overall limits for utilization. I figured, what is the difference if I have 11 hard pulls instead of 10? I'm already pretty much maxed out on hard pulls and they're all falling off at the same time. So I said, screw it. Thinking that if I got denied, that would be that and either way I'm done.

I got approved for the Wounded Warrior affiliate Amex with 12,000 limit. My first card ever to break 10,000. It's kind of scary to have that kind of limit but I will use it wisely. To be honest I plan on not really touching it much at all and just saving it for an emergency card (catastrophic engine failure, hurricane blows my windows out, etc.).

I hope I don't sound too braggy I am just truly ecstatic to be at this point in my credit life. Now.... absolutely to the garden. Not ifs ands or buts. No more credit for a year at the minimum.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
texamel
Valued Member

Re: Approved for USAA Amex - $12,000

Congratulations.  I remember when I got my USAA Amex in December.  I got a $12000 limit too.  I sat there and looked at the screen for about 5 minutes I was so in shock. 

Message 2 of 17
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

That was exactly my shock. I expected it to say "We're sorry we cannot approve you for any credit"

to see the $12,000 was wow....

Message 3 of 17
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I never had sucess with USAA in the past so when I got approved for 6k I was in shock and than when I decided to press my luck and app for the second card I was in real shock that I was approved again for same amount.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 4 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice CL, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 17
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome CL!  Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 17
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@Johnny - Congrats on the high limit. You're a partial member right? Is it possible you display the link for the WWP AMEX card, because I only the MC version? Thanks.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 7 of 17
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Congrats to you!!! I remember (when I was in good credit world) I received the MBNA personal unsecured account with a $12,500 limit. I was ecstatic to get a personal line of credit for so much (well, a lot to me). Sigh...alas, those days are gone for me.

Message 8 of 17
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Recently I got approved for a USAA american with 12k limit I guess they are giving them out lately?  Just got another preapproval for their rewards M/c I might push my luck.

Message 9 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.