Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for a CLI on Citi Costco Visa

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Asking for a CLI on Citi Costco Visa

Has any one asked for a cli? I know it's going to be a hard pull, my Amex Costco always stayed at 1,200 since I had it back in 2011!!!! I am willing to take the hp, I already have aCiti Hilton Visa with 11.5k cl and a Citi Simplicity at 2,500. Just checking and will post my results.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Asking for a CLI on Citi Costco Visa

No way for us to give you an answer that would be 100% correct. The best way to to go for the CLI and if denied they will give you the reason.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested a CLI after adding the Costco account to my Citi profile - I have an existing Simplicity card.  The request page did not indicate that a HP would be made, the CLI was approved, and I haven't received any notifications of a HP yet.  Note that I requested and was approved for a CLI on my Simplicity account within the last 30 days and that was not a HP either.

Message 3 of 30
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Interesting on my other two Citi cards the option of just putting in my income pops up, but for the Costco one it does state a HP would be needed. I bit the bullet and requested 10k. I will report back!

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@halos24 wrote:
Interesting on my other two Citi cards the option of just putting in my income pops up, but for the Costco one it does state a HP would be needed. I bit the bullet and requested 10k. I will report back!

please do. and if they only partially approve your request, call their EO and ask for it to be reconsidered.

Message 5 of 30
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I called in since they also sent my husband his card with our last name mis-spelled!  After a long 25 minute HOLD the rep did apologize but stated it was not approved and could not tell me why.  I then asked well can I transfer some of the CL from my citi hilton or simplicity over?  She said NO.  Great... I wonder if calling the EO would help?  

really dissapointed since this is my lowest limit card at 1,200 and Amex never ever game me luv on it, and here I am with Citi also same thing.  I almost feel I should close it and apply again!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes call the eo

Message 7 of 30
halos24
Frequent Contributor

There are so many different numbers, is there a specific one?  Thanks for the heads up!

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@halos24 wrote:

There are so many different numbers, is there a specific one?  Thanks for the heads up!

Citi EO for the Citi Cards division: 605-331-1698 (Open at 9AM CST) ~popamode72

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested a CLI after adding the Costco account to my Citi profile - I have an existing Simplicity card.  The request page did not indicate that a HP would be made, the CLI was approved, and I haven't received any notifications of a HP yet.  Note that I requested and was approved for a CLI on my Simplicity account within the last 30 days and that was not a HP either.

Can I ask when did you get approved for the Costco Visa? Did you request for CLI right after your approval? or after you activated your Costco visa card?

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.