Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Recon???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

B of A Recon???

Does anyone have an active B of A Recon Line that they can share or PM me with??

I have tried all 5 of them on Google Searches and only 1 worked.... The only option to speak with someone was in applying for a new card and they told me they don't do recons over the phone anymore and gave me an address to write a letter too...

Anyone have a # or have you used the write in recon method??

Thanks, Guys/Gals !!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: B of A Recon???

Welcome to the MyFico forums!

As you look around & become familiar with the MyFico forums right here in this Credit Card Applications forum at the very top there is a "sticky thread" named Backdoor Numbers. A "sticky thread" is one that always remains here, and "Backdoor Numbers" is a list of non-published numbers for most credit card lenders. There's about a dozen numbers listed for Bank of America.The one I've always called & had good luck with is:800-824-5895. It's listed as "secured & partially secured accts", but the rep told me it's actually for priority card services. 

Message 2 of 11
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have an active B of A Recon Line that they can share or PM me with??

I have tried all 5 of them on Google Searches and only 1 worked.... The only option to speak with someone was in applying for a new card and they told me they don't do recons over the phone anymore and gave me an address to write a letter too...

Thanks, Guys/Gals !!!

All the ones in the thread are dead, I called 800 881 4730 and was able to speak to an analyst this afternoon regarding recon on a CLI.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I just called the number on my card they can always transfer to a senior analyst. And yes, you cwn recon by phone. I did recently though i got shot down like an incoming icbmSmiley Wink. Nice enough analyst thoughSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I just called the number on my card they can always transfer to a senior analyst. And yes, you cwn recon by phone. I did recently though i got shot down like an incoming icbmSmiley Wink. Nice enough analyst thoughSmiley Wink

Not one from North Korea, I hope?                Smiley Wink

I called the on in the Backdoor # thread listed for Senior Credit Analyst a few months ago, when I told him I wanted to see if I could get rewards added to my formerly secured card he couldn't get rid of me fast enough, he said he was transferring me to someone who would help me, he transferred to a guy who just takes new CC apps over the phone. Then I called the # I listed in my post, 800-824-5895, and the very nice lady got my card upgraded to Cash Rewards with no HP.

Message 5 of 11
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Yeah that BofA Recon Line... 0 for 2 on CLI for me this past 16 months for me. Been banking with them (Checking/Savings) since 2001 though I did burn them to high heavens on my 2011 BK7 DC. Smiley Sad
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Problem with my recon is my income in relation to my limit i already had and man i could imagine the look on the csr's face when i told her how much i had in my checkingSmiley Wink. At least this recon let me know me know where i stood so now i can concentrate on other accountsSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Guys/Gals !!!

866-224-7803   senior analyst will answer.

Message 8 of 11
Goos
Regular Contributor

Anyone had any luck getting their card unsecured this way or even a status ? I asked for mine to be unsecured 2 weeks ago no letter no nothing and they won’t give me a status .
Message 9 of 11
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah I'm also 0 for 2 on BoA recons.  For mine, both times, the analyst just re-ran my app with pretty much the same data and got the same denial.  I don't get the impression they have a lot of wiggle room around their system's decision process.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.