Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA NBA AmEX DECLINED

tag
EDGE1230
Contributor

BBVA NBA AmEX DECLINED

Hey guys i finally received my letter in the mail after my application.  It stated that the reason for my decline was for an unpaid collection which happens to be for around 700.00 .  This collection is 7 years old and set to fall off here i would think at any time.  Do you know if BBVA has a backdoor number that i can speak to a credit analyst about this and recon ?  It was listed as their only reason for denial .   The collection was for a former bank account i had which i have disputed but have gotten no where with.

MY FICO: EQ: 646/ TU 675/ EXP 665.

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA NBA AmEX DECLINED

Is the collection paid off? Sorry but I don't have a backdoor number for you. Why don't you try the regular CSRs and if that doesn't work ask them for their credit analysts number.

Message 2 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Don't waste your time with a regular CSR. There isn't one thing they can do. You (and I) need to find a way to get ahold of their Underwriters. If I can find a number I'll let you know.
Message 3 of 31
EDGE1230
Contributor

sounds good appreciate it

MY FICO: EQ: 646/ TU 675/ EXP 665.

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 4 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I spoke to them again. They do not allow customers to directly contact Underwriters. I waited on hold 25 minutes just to get a Supervisor. And he was even less helpful than the CSR.
Message 5 of 31
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I spoke to them again. They do not allow customers to directly contact Underwriters. I waited on hold 25 minutes just to get a Supervisor. And he was even less helpful than the CSR.

Is it me or are these guys not the sharpest knife in the drawer?

Message 6 of 31
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Is it me or are these guys not the sharpest knife in the drawer?

Knife? Spoon maybe?

Applied one week ago, no pulls of any type on Ex or Eq, no letter, no card. No help from CSRs AND the single email I received stated my checking acct app was still being reviewed. Seemed quite odd since I ONLY applied for a CC?

If I do receive a card, I expect the SL will range anywhere from $50 to $50K! They're smoking some serious stuff...nexgen Acapulco Gold!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 7 of 31
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

BBVA Compass Headquarters
Bank
15 20th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
(205) 297-1986

http://www.bbvacompass.com/wealth/contact-us/

Message 8 of 31
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Also just to give you a heads up the customer service agents do not work for BBVA.  They outsource them to another company  that handles all of their American Express accounts.

Message 9 of 31
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Two, not one, denial letters today...FROZEN Ex

I'll pass, it was an impetuous app, learned my lesson

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.