Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI auto counter offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA CLI auto counter offer?

Hello, I recently got approved for a CLI with BOA, but am now kicking myself that I did not try for more. Does any one know (since I am planning to do this again in about 6 months) if I try for a very large amount, would they just ocunter offer downward and approve me for lower limit immediately? Any "maximum" number I should try for?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA CLI auto counter offer?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I recently got approved for a CLI with BOA, but am now kicking myself that I did not try for more. Does any one know (since I am planning to do this again in about 6 months) if I try for a very large amount, would they just ocunter offer downward and approve me for lower limit immediately? Any "maximum" number I should try for?

Yes they will counter.  Hard to tell you what to ask for without knowing more about your existing credit limit and high limits on other cards.  In general just ask for more than you think that they will give you.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always ask for a lot,they will counter. Took me 3 up to get to my now 20800 cl, always asked for 20000. Will now start asking for 30000 on the next request.
If it's been less then 30 days since your pull you might be able to call in to ask for more but I've never tried.
My last pull got me a cli and a new card from same hp and they were 3 weeks apart. Good luck.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asked for 8k countered with 6k so yes.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you request for CLI with BoA? I have credit card and banking with them And I don't see the requesr for cli button anywhere. Do you have to call in or something? Someone please give me some advise on how to request for cli with BoA. Thank you
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blueberry - After 6 months if they think you're eligible the Reqest CLI button will appear on your Credit Card page with them.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows.  So many variables. WHat are your scores and how long have you been with them? if its still 30 days or less from the request, google the backdoor thread, call a sr credit analyst ask to have the increase reviewed. Then ask for a litle more than what you need and hopefully they counter with what works for you. That is what I do.

I don't know everything about BOA but I like to think I  know more than most.  FIrst card was denied 9/15...reapplied with joint applicant with history got approved. few months later the 2100 limit was sp increased to 3100ish, and around 5 months, since my joint was taking a HP increase on their card, I went ahead and did a hp cli to 15k. Then terminated the joint applicant.  Later on got increaed to 25k. ANd in december got a 2nd boa card with 15k starting limit with no limit being siphoned from my beloved amtrak WMC.  I think I had to call in for one of the increases to get the full amount.  Thinking about moving 5k from one to the other to even things out since they both get some use.  However the amtrak card gets much more bt offers than the merril+, which I don't use but are nice to have.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.