cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Premium more difficult to qualify than CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Premium more difficult to qualify than CR?

Was looking for a solid cash back card as my QS card is stuck at 1k CL for another 4 months when I can request the next CLI
Message 11 of 14
916networktech
Contributor

Intersting, I don't have a relationship with BofA and applied for the Cash Rewards Card and was approved, however after getting approved I thought about openign an account with BofA....Will visit them in December

| January 2017 American Express Blue $3000 | October 2017 American Express Everyday $2800 | October 2017 American Express Schwab Investor Card $6000 | September 2017 Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $500 | December 2016 Discover it | $3,000 | September 2017 Paypal MC $700 | September 2017 Nordstrom Store CC $3000 | CreditCare $12000 | December 2017 BBVA Visa $12500 |

EX 688 December 2018
TU 680 December 2018
INQs: 5
Credit Started January 2017

cc
Message 12 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

That's weird.  I've never had a deposit account with BoA.

I was declined on a Cash Rewards app back in May, but they never mentioned my lack of deposit as a reason for denial.  Tried again in September after putting some good history and time on my apps from other issuers and was approved for the Cash Rewards and Travel Rewards cards on the same day.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Premium rewards card last month as part of a 7 new account app spree.  Was instantly approved for 18K.  No prior banking relationship.   Scores at bottom are what they were at the start of the app spree, AOA was about 2 years.   The 7 new accounts has dropped my scores by about 50 points on average.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.