cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured. Any tips for Cash Awards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Secured. Any tips for Cash Awards?

Ok call #3 also unsuccesful at the number posted above. 800-824-5895. They did say this was the correct number to call.

"We do not see any opportunity to convert this card" is basically all she kept repeating. I played dumb and asked when will the option be available? Do I have to be unsecured for a certain amount of time first? CSR didn't seem to understand the question and kept repeating "I just do not see any opportunity to convert this card". Lol.

Asked for supervisor.

Got put on hold for a while and then new person transferred to me to the "Promo" line where I again explained I did not want to open a new account..I wanted this one to be converted. They said they can't do that without submitting an application and basically told me to go to my online banking and check out what offers are available to me because it'd be easier for me to apply there.

Redial. Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
OP- I have nothing but good things to say about BoA and this card- Mine was. 99/500, issued late May 16, unsecured in 11/16, SP CLI to $1k, SP CLI to 2.8k in 2/17, SP CLI in 6/17 to 5.5k

Nice. I can't complain too much because if I didn't get in with them then I wouldn't have gotten a Disco snailmail pre-approval offer which led me to an unsecured card with a SL of $1250.

How did you even get SPs when everyone says the CLI button is a hard pull?

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The luv button appeared after five months. I requested an increase then called. The card graduated and the increase was granted. Deposit was availble the same day in my account as well. Called back and got a bigger increase! Also ask about getting the AF waived.

Thanks. What sucks is many people got an auto CLI and that is what I was holding out for but I am 14+ months in at this point. Calling and clicking the button  usually costs you a hard pull though that is why I'm avoiding it as long as possible.

They told me I have to call around June 2018 to get the AF waived. They would not refund me because it was still "secured" at the 1 year mark which they likely did on purpose. My 1 year mark was actually in May. My mistake was not calling before then and holding out hope for an auto-cli and an auto-conversion. Now it just makes sense that BOA rather collect (2) annual fees and make a bit of money first.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.