cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured Card Early Graduation!!!! FINALLY.

tag
kpresod
Regular Contributor

BOA Secured Card Early Graduation!!!! FINALLY.

Hi All,

So I decided to submit an early review for my BOA Secured Credit card few mins ago, and was upgraded to an unsecured account Smiley Very Happy. My limit increased from $300-$500 but I would be receiving my $300 back hehe. I must say I was asked a sh*t load of questions before being upgraded. However, I thought it would've been an instant process in terms of logging onto my bank account to see if my limit has changed? it's still has the same limit, any reason? Thanks in advance Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Secured Card Early Graduation!!!! FINALLY.

How long did you have the card? Any derogs on your report?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 20
kpresod
Regular Contributor

I've had it since January of this year. So next month would've made it a year. I do have 3 derogs that are due to fall off in February, and about 60 inqs combined on my reports. 

Message 3 of 20
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
How long did you have the card? Any derogs on your report?

I wanna know also!...Smiley Happy....i have a BOA secured cc also, had since 5/12 and my scores have increased quite a bit since then.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 20
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

I've had it since January of this year. So next month would've made it a year. I do have 3 derogs that are due to fall off in February, and about 60 inqs combined on my reports. 

thanks....going to wait a little longer and then request for ealy graduation also.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 20
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 20
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

You should've waited till Feb. I just had mine graduated went from 300 secured to 1000 and had them add the 123 rewards onto my account
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 7 of 20
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Sweet! congrats...but I forgot to mention that I also have the 123 cash rewards program. It was added before the account became unsecured. 

Message 8 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@rootpooty wrote:
You should've waited till Feb. I just had mine graduated went from 300 secured to 1000 and had them add the 123 rewards onto my account

Did you have to pay an extra annual fee for that?

OP, did you get a hard pull from BofA?

Message 9 of 20
Fenerbahce
Valued Member

@kpresod wrote:

Hi All,

So I decided to submit an early review for my BOA Secured Credit card few mins ago, and was upgraded to an unsecured account Smiley Very Happy. My limit increased from $300-$500 but I would be receiving my $300 back hehe. I must say I was asked a sh*t load of questions before being upgraded. However, I thought it would've been an instant process in terms of logging onto my bank account to see if my limit has changed? it's still has the same limit, any reason? Thanks in advance Smiley Very Happy

You are where I was about 5 years ago...I went through the same thing with them with the BofA Platinum Plus Card...This week, that same card's limit was raised to 10k as a result of my CLI request. Keep reading and learning here, it will pay off as it has for me. Congrats, you're on the right path!

Photobucket
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.