Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOAjust won't graduate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOAjust won't graduate

I've only had the card for a little over 8 months, but I thought I could graduate early based on scores. When I opened the account, I was right around 620 across the board. I called the backdoor number just a few days ago and a very nice lady put me on hold for a few minutes and told me graduation was denied due to public records and not enough money with them. I don't use them as my primary bank since I switched to NFCU. I just got the denial letter today and my fico score they used to make their decision (TransUnion) is at 713. I don't have any public records reporting at all right now. Seems like a generic decline reason.

I have some reoccurring charges that go to it, around $40-50 per month. 4 more months till they try to charge me that annual fee again.

I know once it graduates, it's an awesome card... but I just can't decide if it's worth the fee if I can't get it to graduate.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOAjust won't graduate

@Anonymous wrote:
I've only had the card for a little over 8 months, but I thought I could graduate early based on scores. When I opened the account, I was right around 620 across the board. I called the backdoor number just a few days ago and a very nice lady put me on hold for a few minutes and told me graduation was denied due to public records and not enough money with them. I don't use them as my primary bank since I switched to NFCU. I just got the denial letter today and my fico score they used to make their decision (TransUnion) is at 713. I don't have any public records reporting at all right now. Seems like a generic decline reason.

I have some reoccurring charges that go to it, around $40-50 per month. 4 more months till they try to charge me that annual fee again.

I know once it graduates, it's an awesome card... but I just can't decide if it's worth the fee if I can't get it to graduate.

I ran a couple thousand through the card for two and half months and they unsecured at 5 months with a bump to 1k limit and refunded my 99 dollars.  Is this the cash rewards? If so you aren't going to earn your 39 dollar annual fee back with 40 to 50 dollars a month. I had the 99/500 card Cash Rewards I am not sure what you have.  I wouldn't pay the annual fee under any circumstances the second time though.  You might just want to apply for a new card at 12 months with your 713 and close this one down. 

Message 2 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I ran a couple thousand through the card for two and half months and they unsecured at 5 months with a bump to 1k limit and refunded my 99 dollars.  Is this the cash rewards? If so you aren't going to earn your 39 dollar annual fee back with 40 to 50 dollars a month. I had the 99/500 card Cash Rewards I am not sure what you have.  I wouldn't pay the annual fee under any circumstances the second time though.  You might just want to apply for a new card at 12 months with your 713 and close this one down. 

@Anonymous story is the same as Frogman - went 500>1000>2800>5500.. Card opened in 5/2016, @$5500 15 months later..!! YAY!!

I used this card a LOT

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

For some reason Boa loves money. Go figureSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.