Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA 98/500 CLI request ***Update***

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

BOFA 98/500 CLI request ***Update***

Just received my 5th statement and saw the cli link when I logged in to my account. Figured I'd ask for $8000 and see what happens. Got the dreaded we need more time to make a decision. I'm guessing it will be denied. Oh well, currently at 693 EX, 690 TU and 676 EQ 39% UTL but should be st 17/18 UTL after accts update. I'll be gardening till EX hits 720 so I can apply for Amex BCE.

***update***

I've been logging in everyday online since 05/06 figuring I would get a message saying my CLI request was denied. I logged in today and to my surprise they did increase my limit from $500 to $1500. I'll take it and continue to treat the card good. Not sure if the account is still secured or not though. 

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Re: BOFA 98/500 CLI request

That is the point I asked to be unsecured and got cli to $1000. They were very nice about it. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll have to let us know what happens with this. I was always under the impression that if your card is still secured, and you request a CLI, they will require an additional deposit from you. For the 99/500 card, they will allow you to add another $100 (or $99 ??) for an additional $500 increase, and they only allow one additional deposit at a time (I think this requires a HP, but not sure).

Message 3 of 12
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

@JustMe3 - I will
@laBoy62 - that's what I keep seeing in posts
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 4 of 12
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

When the request CLI button appeared on mine, I called in and asked to be unsecured. They unsecured mine and gave me a new limit of $1500. I got my card in August 2015 and unsecured in January 2016.

A second data point, I was approved for AMEX BCE in March with an EX score of 665. I totally understand if you're holding out to get a better credit limit, they gave me $1000 and I took it and ran!
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Current FICO scores: EX: 664 TU: 650 EQ: 668

Message 5 of 12
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: BOFA 98/500 CLI request ***Update***

Forgot to mention it was a HP from TU and no request for an additional deposit. 

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GettingBetter2015 wrote:
When the request CLI button appeared on mine, I called in and asked to be unsecured. They unsecured mine and gave me a new limit of $1500. I got my card in August 2015 and unsecured in January 2016.

A second data point, I was approved for AMEX BCE in March with an EX score of 665. I totally understand if you're holding out to get a better credit limit, they gave me $1000 and I took it and ran!

U have a score of  665. OP have a score of 686 not sure what income is. I got my 2 Amex 7 weeks ago with a score of EX 698 got 18000 for BCE and 12000 for BCP but my income is at 240k for 2015 but I only listed it as 180k which is my base pay

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Believe1970 wrote:

***update***

I've been logging in everyday online since 05/06 figuring I would get a message saying my CLI request was denied. I logged in today and to my surprise they did increase my limit from $500 to $1500. I'll take it and continue to treat the card good. Not sure if the account is still secured or not though. 

Whaaaat? Nice - congratulations!! Was it a HP? Did they require additional funds from you? You'll have to update this thread again when you find out if it unsecured too or not. 

Message 8 of 12
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

TU hard pull and no additional funds requested
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 9 of 12
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

So, I was just on with BOFA chat. I asked if my card was still secured and was told it did upgrade to unsecured!!!! 

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.