cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP application - Has this happened to anyone else?

tag
TroysMom1
Contributor

BP application - Has this happened to anyone else?

Last November BP sent me a pre-approved application for one of their credit cards (I'm not sure if it was the gas card or the visa/mastercard).  I decided to complete application and promptly received the 7-10 day response.  I thought it was pretty odd at the time since I have several Synchrony cards, but the total of their limits are nowhere near $100,000.  

After I didn't hear anything from them, I called to check the status of the application and was told that the application had been declined.  I then received several alerts that BP have made at least 3 inquiries on my credit reports.  So, I called them back to see why they did and asked that they would remove the extra inquires, and I was told that all they could see was one request for my credit report...

Fast forward today...I received a letter from BP stating that they had declinded my November application in error and if I was still interested in their card they would approve it.  All I needed to do was sign an enclosed form and send it back.  I called them to see if this meant that they would do another hard pull on my credit and asked what my credit limit would be once approved.  I was advised that it would indeed be a hard pull and the woman couldn't tell me what my starting limit would be, so I declined applying again.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: BP application - Has this happened to anyone else?

Strange...someone else started a thread today that they received the same thing from Citgo!  It's on this board.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
TroysMom1
Contributor

Thanks for replying, medicgrrl.  I found the Citgo post.  It is very strange indeed!

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Deja vu indeed! I thought i was reading earlier post. Sounds like a new scam but yeah good call on passing on more hps for knowing them, maybe another rejection. Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very strange but since you only authorized one HP you can legitimately dispute the additional ones and they should be removed.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.