Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Numbers

tag
IamLorenzo

Re: Backdoor Numbers

Thanks Exactly what i was looking for.  

@ohnomyfigo wrote:

Apped for the Amex Platinum card and received the 14 day message. Called the backdoor number which was closed due to hours, got on chat, got a new backdoor number for new accounts and apps in progress that is staffed 24/7, was asked to verify phone number which I was not able to do becuase I'm out of the country, instead they called my bank with me on the line to verify my address through them, instant approval.

Wanted to share the number I called which is 24/7 and not listed on the back door numbers yet.

Amex apps in progress and new accounts 1-877-621-2639   open 24/7     Number rings straight to a customer service rep located in the US. 

Edit:  Called the number back, and yup, it changed. Now someone answers right away with "apply by phone." odd. 

Message 231 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone help me out with this please. I'm 25 years old and did not care even the slightest little bit about my credit until maybe two years ago. Long story short, I had a total of 5 collections on my credit which were all paid in full a year ago with a cashiers check from my credit union and they have all been removed completely. My scores according to credit karma now are 610 TU, and 514 with Equifax. I successfully paid off two small auto loans in the past 7 years through my credit union and now have a new one I am paying on. My current auto loan is 15k and I've made on time payments every month for 5 months. I also have a credit card through them, a visa with a CL of 2k. I only have $100 available on the card and I know I need to get that down. Within the last 3 months I found out my credit union only reports to TU so my other scores are super low and only showing my student loans which are only 5k but did have some missed payments - 3 in the last 7 years. So those two scores are pretty bad. I got an unsecured cap 1 platinum with 300 limit so I could have something reporting with all 3 bureaus. Use it up to $297 then pay it in full so I avoid interest. I have a good iob making 50k a year. Last night applied for Amazon Prime Visa Signature card and got denied, then right after denied for cap 1 qs. This is my first post on here and I read these boards almost daily on different topics. My credit is trash compared to most of yours, so I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. Should I even try to recon these cards, or is it just a waste of time? Sorry this is so long, just wanted to see if I could get some help from some of you guys out there with 50k and over available credit. Chase pulled my TU report for the amazon card, and I believe Cap1 pulled all 3.
Message 232 of 385
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Can someone help me out with this please. I'm 25 years old and did not care even the slightest little bit about my credit until maybe two years ago. Long story short, I had a total of 5 collections on my credit which were all paid in full a year ago with a cashiers check from my credit union and they have all been removed completely. My scores according to credit karma now are 610 TU, and 514 with Equifax. I successfully paid off two small auto loans in the past 7 years through my credit union and now have a new one I am paying on. My current auto loan is 15k and I've made on time payments every month for 5 months. I also have a credit card through them, a visa with a CL of 2k. I only have $100 available on the card and I know I need to get that down. Within the last 3 months I found out my credit union only reports to TU so my other scores are super low and only showing my student loans which are only 5k but did have some missed payments - 3 in the last 7 years. So those two scores are pretty bad. I got an unsecured cap 1 platinum with 300 limit so I could have something reporting with all 3 bureaus. Use it up to $297 then pay it in full so I avoid interest. I have a good iob making 50k a year. Last night applied for Amazon Prime Visa Signature card and got denied, then right after denied for cap 1 qs. This is my first post on here and I read these boards almost daily on different topics. My credit is trash compared to most of yours, so I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. Should I even try to recon these cards, or is it just a waste of time? Sorry this is so long, just wanted to see if I could get some help from some of you guys out there with 50k and over available credit. Chase pulled my TU report for the amazon card, and I believe Cap1 pulled all 3.

First of all, Credit Karma gives vantage scores, not fico scores which is what most companies use when they pull your credit. If you really want to know what your scores are , then get a free trial to credit check total. They will give you your fico scores and your reports. Go through your reports with a fine tooth comb and highlight anything inaccurate so you can file disputes. You have to know what your scores are and what is in your reports before you apply for new cards. It will save you hard pulls, which also affect your credit score. You shouldn't even have hard pulls for Capital One because they have a prequalifying site that does a soft pull.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 233 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I did what you said, and my scores are waaaay lower than I thought and what credit karma tells me they are! It says experian is 551, TU is 568, and my Equifax is 574. Zero collections, a missed payment 8 months ago on my student loans, credit card usage for TU is 101% (I did just pay $100 on that today) but still very high on my only card reporting is definitely a bad look for me. Equifax & Experian are showing 0 credit utilization and nothing reported to them at all actually, except my student loans. Have any advice what I should do? This is a lot worse than I though sheeeesh
Message 234 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this the correct number to request graduation from BOA secured to Cash Awards?

BofA:  888-260-4696 (secured accts.)

Message 235 of 385
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this the correct number to request graduation from BOA secured to Cash Awards?

BofA:  888-260-4696 (secured accts.)

Not sure, I used this one to get my card unsecured at 8 months, and then later got them to upgrade my unscrued card to Cash Rewards:

800-824-5895 (secured & partially secured accts.)

Message 236 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't see the Citi number that I successfully used for a credit card application listed here so I wanted to share it in case it's useful for others - (866) 606-2787.

I'm not sure if it technically qualifies as a backdoor number, as my situation might have been a bit atypical, but the reps/analysts with whom I spoke were able to overturn my denied application.  This phone number showed up after submitting an online application and they needed additional information, and the first person I spoke with requested proof of income.  After emailing my pay stub, my application status online changed from pending to a denial after a couple of days.  I called the same number a few days later after not having received a denial letter and not wanting to wait any longer for a response.  I was told that I was denied because my employer does not list the full SSN on the pay stub and they could not accept it as proof of income, but I could submit a W2 as an alternate income verification and they could take a look at it.  I sent in my W2, then called back the next day.  The person with whom I spoke was able to process the application and it was ultimately approved - at one point, she said that she had to get a couple of additional signatures on it as the credit limit was above her authority, but that just involved being put on hold for a couple of minutes before she came back and told me that I was approved.  

Message 237 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 238 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody have a number for NFCU?
Message 239 of 385
jc2
Regular Contributor

888-842-6328

Message 240 of 385
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.