Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Numbers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdoor Numbers

Backdoor number for Sync Bank isn't of much help luv or no luv they don't do anything special then any other agent.

Message 271 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE 800-945-2000 Yes, this is a legitimate Chase backdoor number where you can check on the status of a credit application, HOWEVER - the representative at Chase told me that it is an INCOMING NUMBER ONLY.  (I was able to reach a live representative after entering a fake SSN.) He receives about a dozen calls a day from people who have received calls from this number, and he says they are scammers who are spoofing the Chase number, and to NEVER give them your personal information. They are phishing for your banking and personal details.

Message 272 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

RE 800-945-2000 Yes, this is a legitimate Chase backdoor number where you can check on the status of a credit application, HOWEVER - the representative at Chase told me that it is an INCOMING NUMBER ONLY.  (I was able to reach a live representative after entering a fake SSN.) He receives about a dozen calls a day from people who have received calls from this number, and he says they are scammers who are spoofing the Chase number, and to NEVER give them your personal information. They are phishing for your banking and personal details.

Why would you commit fraud? by entering an SSN that doesn't belong to you? ugh then brag about it. Smiley Mad

Message 273 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you misunderstand. Entering a fake SSN to bypass an automated telephone system is not fraud. No one has an SSN of 123-45-6789. It's a way to make the system connect you to a live representative instead of being cut off by the limits of the automated system. And, I'm not going to enter my real SSN when I don't know if the site is legitimate or a phishing site. Bragging? No - just explaining how to reach the live customer service in case anyone wanted to discuss this with a real Chase representative.

Message 274 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover told me  tonight  that they no longer have recon program. The number works, but they no longer recon.

Message 275 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, you misunderstand. Entering a fake SSN to bypass an automated telephone system is not fraud. No one has an SSN of 123-45-6789. It's a way to make the system connect you to a live representative instead of being cut off by the limits of the automated system. And, I'm not going to enter my real SSN when I don't know if the site is legitimate or a phishing site. Bragging? No - just explaining how to reach the live customer service in case anyone wanted to discuss this with a real Chase representative.

Entering any SSN number that doesn't belong to you regardless of numeric value is fraud... Your deceiving the person on the other end of the phone because you not only used it... To bypass a security system in place for validation then posted on MyFICO a community that doesn't support fraud of any kind... Next time if your not sure of the number don't call it, this isn't a judgement against you. MyFICO has rules that govern the site and community. Smiley Wink

Message 276 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to post that the BOA recon number is still good.  No success for me this time, but nice to know that the number is still good since the date of the post is 2009!

OP:  Would you happen to have that number still?  I've tried a dozen or so and only seem to reach CSRs that seem to be working the phones between their home room study periods, or work-study jobs......  OY!

Message 277 of 385
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

The above scenario doesn’t meet the legal threshold for fraud, so one should be careful of accusing someone of a crime. I had a scammer mask Directv’s official number just yesterday, the one I’ve been calling for years, so it pays to be careful. The poster did what he had to do in order to ensure he wasn’t getting scammed.
NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 278 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for these! I had no idea about even a quarter of them. I definitely will have to keep this thread bookmarked. 

Though has anyone had any luck with Comenity Bank in getting a credit limit increase on one of there store cards? Since I've had a card with them for like 2-3 years and it is like stuck at 250. ><

Message 279 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the backdoor number! I got approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred! the SL is 2700 but I'm going to call for an higher limit.  I need to BT two cards. Then after I pay off the Citi Diamond I'm going to PC to Double Dash. 

Message 280 of 385
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.