Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer from Amex to Discover

tag
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

Balance Transfer from Amex to Discover

I what to transfer about $350 to my discover and use the 0% APR offer for 12 month that they offer me

I what to keep using my Discover It Card (Thay don't accept AMEX everywhere), If I pay my current spending before the stamment cuts I will still get charged with interest?

Starting Score:EX: 713 EQ: 698
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer from Amex to Discover

It's a 3% fee instantly unless you're under an introductory offer.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 25
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

I know that, but my question is that after the balance transfer, If I use my card and pay it before the statement cuts they will till charge me interest? (Current APR 18.49%)

Message 3 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No i think so long as you pay whatever purchases you made by the due date, you shouldnt be charged interest. If you let those purchases carry over to next month i would then think yes.
Message 4 of 25
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Isacking97 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

I know that, but my question is that after the balance transfer, If I use my card and pay it before the statement cuts they will till charge me interest? (Current APR 18.49%)

How long is it going to take you to payoff $350?  That has to be the lowest BT I have ever seen here.  If you are going to pay it off in two months don't BT it because that would be $10.80 - $8.10 if you pay half next month in interest or less.  The B/T fee will be $10.50 (350x3%).  Seems like you are jumping through a lot of hoops for $350. IMO

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Isacking97 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

How long is it going to take you to payoff $350?  That has to be the lowest BT I have ever seen here.  If you are going to pay it off in two months don't BT it because that would be $10.80 - $8.10 if you pay half next month in interest or less.  The B/T fee will be $10.50 (350x3%).  Seems like you are jumping through a lot of hoops for $350. IMO

I was thinking the same thing here...

Message 6 of 25
redpat
Senior Contributor

@rmm140 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Isacking97 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

I was thinking the same thing here...

IDK, could be a typo $3,500 perhaps and I hope it is......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read through your BT offer. Most will state that purchases made after the BT may immediately start to earn interest. Using the card while you have a BT on it may not be the best option

Message 8 of 25
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

I have 2 offers one with 0% APR with a 3% fee for 12 months and the other is a 4.99% for 18 months No Fee

Yes is about $350 - $400, My 0% APR with AMEX is over in a month and I what to finance a purchase and pay it in about 3 - 4 months

Message 9 of 25
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

@Isacking97 wrote:

I have 2 offers one with 0% APR with a 3% fee for 12 months and the other is a 4.99% for 18 months No Fee

Yes is about $350 - $400, My 0% APR with AMEX is over in a month and I what to finance a purchase and pay it in about 3 - 4 months

Do you guys recommend the 4.99% with no fees?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.