Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banco do Brasil Americas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banco do Brasil Americas

Does anyone know the minimum credit scores to obtain the most accessible credit card with Banco do Brasil Americas?  I've always wanted one.  I know I can get a secured one, but I would have to do that in person, and I dont want to travel half across the U.S.A just for that.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Banco do Brasil Americas

I didn't even know this existed until I just looked it up. Those secured cards have pretty hefty minimum deposits. The Platinum Plus has a minimum deposit of $20,000??? Is that right? Maybe that should be Maximum? That is crazy high for a minimum.

Kind of makes me wonder what their credit limits go up to for the unsecured..I wonder if they are doling out $40 to $50k limits...

Standard 1% cash back, No annual fee. What's got you fixated on this card and bank? Do you Bank with them now?
Message 2 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:
I didn't even know this existed until I just looked it up. Those secured cards have pretty hefty minimum deposits. The Platinum Plus has a minimum deposit of $20,000??? Is that right? Maybe that should be Maximum? That is crazy high for a minimum.

Kind of makes me wonder what their credit limits go up to for the unsecured..I wonder if they are doling out $40 to $50k limits...

Standard 1% cash back, No annual fee. What's got you fixated on this card and bank? Do you Bank with them now?

I suspect some of the numbers are BRL instead of USD. I don't actually see either one specified... It is interesting to see a secured card with Priority Pass though.

EDIT: Hold on a sec... is the platinum plus card REALLY no-AF and Priority Pass? I might be looking into them...

Message 3 of 57
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Flew under my radar as well. Looks to be owned by the government of Brazil. Second largest bank in South America. Customer service is in Columbus Ohio. I wonder what CB they pull?
Message 4 of 57
ljavonna
New Contributor

Interesting I'm definitely following this one
Message 5 of 57
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think they pull el buró de crédito lolSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 57
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

I didn't find any data points on this and nothing on credit pulls (unless they have a different US based name I'm unaware of)...OP you going to take the plunge???
Message 7 of 57
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

They don't have a different name in the US... I've passed their branch in Orlando a few times.. I think there are a few branches in Florida
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. Priority Pass Select does appears to be included and no AF. I'm curious to see any DP's if someone pulls the trigger in this one. 

Message 9 of 57
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Ok I took one for the team. Let's see what they say. They do pull EX. No alerts from other CBs yet. Not an instant approval or denial. Credit pulled in Coral gables FL.

Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.