Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Pre Qual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank Of America Pre Qual

How reliable is is Bank of Americas pre qual?  I'm in the garden, suffering here, lol!  Just completed the pre qual screen and it came back with a recommendation for their Cash Back card.  While I know it isn't a guarantee, but what has been your experience with their pre qual site?  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Pre Qual

Unless it has a specific APR, it's worthless and merely a "recommendation" based on the info you put in.

There are many reports of dogs and cats being prequalified Smiley Happy Enter random info and see what happens. If you get the same result as "your prequal", consider it worthless.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How reliable is is Bank of Americas pre qual?  I'm in the garden, suffering here, lol!  Just completed the pre qual screen and it came back with a recommendation for their Cash Back card.  While I know it isn't a guarantee, but what has been your experience with their pre qual site?  Thanks! 

Which cards do you already have? Gardening means that you look closely at the cards you already have, not shop for new cards Smiley Happy

How long have you been in the garden?

What does this Cash Back card provide that your existing cards do not provide? How are the rewards earned compared to the cards you already have? If there are different rewards on this Cash Back card, what is the marginal difference in the rewards earning, applied to your $ spend volume in the categories? Does that marginal difference make any difference in your budget? Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Pre Qual for me was spot on.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Musiclover...you are the reason I went into the site in the first place, lol!  Your scores are higher than mine and I would probably would not get anywhere near your CL.  I went on a spree in July and I'm recovering now.  In the next couple of months my utilization will be single digits and my scores should be in the low 700's.  I will definitely apply then.    Very nice to know that the pre qual worked for you!  Again Congrats to you, and I will definitely let you know once I apply.  

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which cards do you already have? Gardening means that you look closely at the cards you already have, not shop for new cards Smiley Happy

How long have you been in the garden?

What does this Cash Back card provide that your existing cards do not provide? How are the rewards earned compared to the cards you already have? If there are different rewards on this Cash Back card, what is the marginal difference in the rewards earning, applied to your $ spend volume in the categories? Does that marginal difference make any difference in your budget? Smiley Happy

My personal goal is to diversify my cc portfolio to include BOA, Pen Fed and a few others.  Gardening is to develop and nuture the accounts that I currently have and I am.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Musiclover...you are the reason I went into the site in the first place, lol!  Your scores are higher than mine and I would probably would not get anywhere near your CL.  I went on a spree in July and I'm recovering now.  In the next couple of months my utilization will be single digits and my scores should be in the low 700's.  I will definitely apply then.    Very nice to know that the pre qual worked for you!  Again Congrats to you, and I will definitely let you know once I apply.  

Roseyk, I have several other cards with BofA as well as my new car loan. I also have savings and checking. Perhaps this skewed my chances for a positive outcome. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do have a strong established relationship with BOA, but you have a excellent scores as well, either way your golden!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You do have a strong established relationship with BOA, but you have a excellent scores as well, either way your golden!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. 

Smiley Very Happy I never thought about it like that. Thanks.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.