cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America: Any point in recon? (Too many inquiries)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America: Any point in recon? (Too many inquiries)

I applied for the Alaska Airlines card and was not approved for too many inquiries. This seems like a non flexibilw issue for recon so I am thinking that there isn't any real point in attempting reconsideration.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America: Any point in recon? (Too many inquiries)

It's certainly worth trying to recon. Be sure to have a good reason for the new accounts and inquiries, and practice what you are going to say before calling to recon. Also, have a specific reason why having the Alaska card is important to you, and share that as well. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon (credit analyst) wasn't very fruitful. Repeated verbatim what was in the rejection letter and I didn't get the feeling that there was any flexibility to be had.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that. You could wait a week and try to recon again with a different person if you feel motivated to do so. Did you call one of the recon numbers from myfico?

Unfortunately, I always found BoA recon people to be rather rude and unhelpful, even though I have a good card relationship with the bank.

Perhaps wait 9-12 months with no new inquiries and try again. Don't give up - I got the Alaska card on my 3rd try (and I already had another BoA card), and it's now at $29,000 CL. And I've only had it since October! Smiley Happy

BoA very often likes to play hard to get initially, but once you have the card it will be a different ball game.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.