Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Secured Recon

Last week, I applied for the Bank of America secured card and I got denied. I waited for the letter to come in the mail and it said that I was denied due to past collection accounts.. I was really confused because I thought that's why I applied for the secured card in the first place, idk. Anyways, I called to recon and got rejected by some woman that wanted nothing to do with me. Yesterday, I decided to send a letter to Card Services at the address that they provided on the denial letter; I am hoping my letter finds a generous person that will reconsider my app and get my application approved.

Has anyone done this recently?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Recon

How old are the collections?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. May 2012

2. March 2016

Message 3 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. May 2012

2. March 2016

What are the details of the collections.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The older one was a Westar collection or $60 and the newer one was a T-Mobile collection for $789.

Message 5 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The older one was a Westar collection or $60 and the newer one was a T-Mobile collection for $789.

I think the reason for the denial is the T-Mobile Collection. Even though its a year old its still considered recent. The Westar Collection is under $100 so it wont effect your score and its 5 years old. However, if you have $60 to spare I would offer a PFD to get it off your reports. Is there anyway to take care of the T-Mobile Collection?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're both paid collections, I paid both of them as soon as they hit my reports. Wasn't aware of the PFD option, unfortunetely.

Message 7 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They're both paid collections, I paid both of them as soon as they hit my reports. Wasn't aware of the PFD option, unfortunetely.

Do they show up paid on your CRA?

also, what is your utilization on your other cards and when did you open them?

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They both show up as paid, yes. Currently, the only thing showing up on my reports in regards to open revolving accounts is a Chase card that I am an authorized user on.. $18,000 balance / $22,300 CL.

Message 9 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

You should check out the Chase and Amex pre-qual site to see what might show up.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.